Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

If ACC expands and TEXAS is involved...........

Shouldn't we be thinking 18 or 20? Texas is going to want a division(pod) of their own. I would believe the ACC would also want that. I do not think OU will come to ACC. I think like A and M they will look for their own place. Sorta get away from Texas shadow. Still play em of course.(Oh and besides MONEY is TEXAS really worth it). Yes Money drives this but oh my what a headache the Horns could be potentially. My think is if ACC goes to a number it will be 20. Why? Well like said above the Horns will want their own division.......

THE ACC 20

SW DIVISION......... TEXAS, TULANE(LA MARKET), BAYLOR, BYU(ND AND TEXAS pals) and either (TEX TECH, RICE or Houston).
    NE Division...........ND, PITT, CUSE, BC, and the U of Miami(great ND rival plus NE feel to school)
    SE Division............ FSU, Clemson, State, Wake and the VIlle
    MID ATL div............ VT UNC GT DUKE and UVA

You would have two crossover games.............VT would be THE U and BC
    ND would be TEXAS and GT
    I could go on but crossovers can be how you guys perceive.

Now why would IMHO this work. Well the ACC need's to expand it's territory. The SW division would have a rivalry feel to it and one BIG DOG with a few others with potential. Let's face it the ACC would want TEXAS good IMO. Likewise for NE division where ND being good is what makes league better. Hate to say that but.....Travel would be easier for all in this scenario I do believe. Other logistics may be problem BUT I will let smarter people figure that out.

Oh you ask about Oklahoma? They will go west like they have wanted. They still play Texas and most likely renew the Nebraska rivalry. One in which NEVER EVER should have ended. People the only way we can get great games and renew some rivalries is by the BIGS breaking away and not fearful of scheduling great games.

Ok this would breakup the Big 12. If the above happens. KU and others would either follow OU west or join the BIG. So you ask about good ol WVU? Well good question. I do not see ACC or BIG taking them. Would the SEC? maybe. I do believe the EERS will be ok. Just cannot see how it plays out. Maybe OU takes em out west. A renewal of the show the BEVERLY HILLBILLIES............LOL just a joke any Eer fan reading this post. Truly this matter shows why the DUD of WV trolls his tells. The eers are on a island with a history of fighting. They have a lot to lose. Right now the eers and the frogs are pawns in a TEXAS chess match.

For VT I see our scheduling be so good if this would happen. Yes I agree the ACC would need to inprove. But with potential of a TEXAS, ND, BAYLOR or ever BYU on schedule that is somewhat helpful. Plus playing the likes of PSU A and M and OSU is solid. Sure in future we will get better games OOC. In the division setup our rivalry with UNC I think is getting bigger. I dislike the Heels. I am sure most of ya do. Louisville would be interesting game.

Stech, COBB, HOOS86 anything to add?
    Last edited by MrFantastic!; Sun Aug 25 2013 at 09:12 AM.

I agree with your take on fear of scheduling great match ups now. Now you just can't lose so hence an easy OOC. With 4 conferences with pods, win your pod and you are in the conference semis. Schedule all the good teams you want, just win your pod and your are in. Everyone wins with this. TV and fans get many more great match ups. Conferences would take in $$$$$ and lots of it. True football champion settled on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFantastic! View Post
    THE ACC 20

SW DIVISION......... TEXAS, TULANE(LA MARKET), BAYLOR, BYU(ND AND TEXAS pals) and either (TEX TECH, RICE or Houston).
    NE Division...........ND, PITT, CUSE, BC, and the U of Miami(great ND rival plus NE feel to school)

Would the cross over be both from the same division? Would love to drop BC as a crossover. Why not 3 crossover, one from each division? Otherwise how were you planning on working things when we play the NE division.

I think it would be from what MAKES sense in scheduling. Yes dropping BC would be great. I would not mind Louisville. Clemson as one would be great. Due to history I think VT and the U is a must. JMO. BC and VT do have history but I just put that on there due to the fact we have always played em. I think UVA and BC makes sense. UVa also needs to play a BYU as cross over. Seems like a fit. Like I said each of you guy's can fill in as you see fit on crossovers.

Shouldn't we be thinking 18 or 20? Texas is going to want a division(pod) of their own. I would believe the ACC would also want that. I do not think OU will come to ACC. I think like A and M they will look for their own place. Sorta get away from Texas shadow. Still play em of course.(Oh and besides MONEY is TEXAS really worth it). Yes Money drives this but oh my what a headache the Horns could be potentially. My think is if ACC goes to a number it will be 20. Why? Well like said above the Horns will want their own division.......

THE ACC 20

ND would be TEXAS and GT

Now why would IMHO this work. Well the ACC need's to expand it's territory. The SW division would have a rivalry feel to it and one BIG DOG with a few others with potential. Let's face it the ACC would want TEXAS good IMO. Likewise for NE division where ND being good is what makes league better. Hate to say that but.....Travel would be easier for all in this scenario I do believe. Other logistics may be problem BUT I will let smarter people figure that out.

Oh you ask about Oklahoma? They will go west like they have wanted. They still play Texas and most likely renew the Nebraska rivalry. One in which NEVER EVER should have ended. People the only way we can get great games and renew some rivalries is by the BIGS breaking away and not fearful of scheduling great games.

Ok this would breakup the Big 12. If the above happens. KU and others would either follow OU west or join the BIG. So you ask about good ol WVU? Well good question. I do not see ACC or BIG taking them. Would the SEC? maybe. I do believe the EERS will be ok. Just cannot see how it plays out. Maybe OU takes em out west. A renewal of the show the BEVERLY HILLBILLIES............LOL just a joke any Eer fan reading this post. Truly this matter shows why the DUD of WV trolls his tells. The eers are on a island with a history of fighting. They have a lot to lose. Right now the eers and the frogs are pawns in a TEXAS chess match.

For VT I see our scheduling be so good if this would happen. Yes I agree the ACC would need to inprove. But with potential of a TEXAS, ND, BAYLOR or ever BYU on schedule that is somewhat helpful. Plus playing the likes of PSU A and M and OSU is solid. Sure in future we will get better games OOC. In the division setup our rivalry with UNC I think is getting bigger. I dislike the Heels. I am sure most of ya do. Louisville would be interesting game.

ACC does not need to expand its territory. Reaching 16,18,20 or whatever does not spell success. This doesn't need to be a bigger conference. It needs to be a more profitable conference. Adding Texas is worth all the effort we can give it. But the other schools on that list don't enhance the current lineup a whit. I wonder if Pitt and Syracuse may soon bring the same buyer's remorse that hovers over BC. Louisville seems like a plum right now but KY is a rather poor state. Can they sustain a long run if they aren't winning championships? Any program that could be added easily is probably social-climbing. Go for Texas, Tennessee, Vandy. If that doesn't work, what is lost?
    We talk about adding "this market or that". This conference better concentrate on selling football in its exisiting footprint. Where the heck is that ACC Network? Raycom's flimsy content is all we have to work with, but, at least its enough to experiment with. Maybe it will flop; let's find out instead of "considering the possibiliy." If Swofford knows the ACCN will never fly, and he's stringing everyone along, a pox on him.
    What do we really want from an expansion candidate? Sounds like we just want a generic program to fill "slot #17" in the ACC. Do we want a great football program? Do we want just sterling academics? Do we want a giant TV market? Decide what, exactly, we are looking for and then proceed. If there isn't a true fit for our requirements, then let it go. Don't just keep adding "members."

I would be shocked if Texas and Oklahoma aren't in the same conference. Texas and Oklahoma have a much different relationship than Texas and Texas A&M. I also see BYU in the PAC if they go anywhere, but it would not surprise me to see them not get into one of the Big Conferences.

THE ACC 20

ND would be TEXAS and GT

Due to BXII GOR, enough BXII schools will need to find landing spots all at the same time in order to disband the conference. I doubt the bigtime conferences pick up the pieces so the ACC can walk off with Texas. That's why if you are going to do this, you have to take more BXII schools. I'd be fine taking UT, OU, OkSt, KU, K-state, Iowa State...or some combo like that. You could have 4 pods that might look like this:

UT, OU, OkSt, KU, KSU
    ISU, Syr, Pitt, BC, Louisville
    Miami, GT, Clemson, FSU, Wake
    UVa, VT, UNC, NCSt, Duke

2 pods = 1 division. 9 games. No Crossovers. Rotate pods every year so everyone plays everyone at least every three years.

No expert but if Texas comes nd comes full time pod nd bc pitt cuse next louisville vt UVA tx then unc state duke wake and then gt Clemson fsu Miami ..north nd Texas vt louisville and bottom fsu Miami Clemson and unc

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    I also see BYU in the PAC if they go anywhere, but it would not surprise me to see them not get into one of the Big Conferences.
    I will bet you a zillion dollars that Tokyo University is part of the PAC-12 before BYU is.

Which is why I said it would not surprise me to see them not get into a Big Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaesthesia View Post
    I will bet you a zillion dollars that Tokyo University is part of the PAC-12 before BYU is.