Will the ACC broadcast any Maryland home games this year?

I would think, no, just as a gut reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by daveinop View Post
    I would think, no, just as a gut reaction.
    If you mean FB or MBB, those decisions will be made by ESPN, Raycom, Fox, etc. They get to select the games they air. This may be a blessing for the conference. They might otherwise tend to act against UMD's interest. The ACC should also refrain from trying to influence those decisions. Equality and neutrality toward UMD in all conference business is the sensible course.

Legally , acc really cannot demonstrate punishment of md. The 50 million is cost damages to the conference due to md leaving. I guess routine for broadcasting .

At minimum, they will all be ESPN3 broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by 33laszlo99 View Post
    If you mean FB or MBB, those decisions will be made by ESPN, Raycom, Fox, etc. They get to select the games they air. This may be a blessing for the conference. They might otherwise tend to act against UMD's interest. The ACC should also refrain from trying to influence those decisions. Equality and neutrality toward UMD in all conference business is the sensible course.
    MD fans I know are already chaffed that they don't get home BB games with Duke or UNC this year - I'm sure that is a big good bye from the ACC. It would be funny if they got stuck with inconvient times for their games or something - but I agree - I think the people who own the content get to decide who is on TV - it will be up to MD to be relevant.

No punishment except on the field! Hopefully there everyone will pile on Maryland this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Legally , acc really cannot demonstrate punishment of md. The 50 million is cost damages to the conference due to md leaving. I guess routine for broadcasting .

Those fools have no reason to be chaffed. What did they think would happen? Swofford would drop by College Park and sing happy songs with them?

The only people they need to be chaffed at are the leaders of their university. Dr Loh was the prime mover in that fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Touchdown View Post
    MD fans I know are already chaffed that they don't get home BB games with Duke or UNC this year - I'm sure that is a big good bye from the ACC. It would be funny if they got stuck with inconvient times for their games or something - but I agree - I think the people who own the content get to decide who is on TV - it will be up to MD to be relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by daveinop View Post
    Will the ACC broadcast any Maryland home games this year? I would think, no, just as a gut reaction.
    Below is a link to their Basketball schedule. Looks about like the other league teams as far as televised games.
    As for football, those decisions get made much closer to game day. But games vs Florida International and UCONN are currently scheduled for ESPN3.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d-for-2013-14/
    Last edited by seekoHoG; Sat Aug 24 2013 at 10:06 AM.

I was looking at it the other way... keeps Maryland from making the point that ACC is profiting from Maryland while at the same time not paying them.