Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

The Dude is stirring the pudding again

Last edited by Victor Tango; Sun Aug 18 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Tango View Post
    That's because he's the Dude. Tech would be in a pod with UVa, PSU, RU, and UMCP. I just think the Dude is afraid his Big 12 may be falling apart within the next 5 years and WVU may be left out.

I saw that last night and sent it to my Hoo friend just for kicks. On the good word of The Dude, we both have our bags packed (tic).

In fairness to him, he says that the ACC GoR is solid. But he thinks Texas is heading to the B1G in one way or another, which is obviously bad for WVU.

He could be right about Texas.

Seems simple to me, get all member schools to agree to an amendment of the Big12 GoR, then you can change it. Else things look to be on the hook until the GoR expires.

Assuming the Big12 GoR looks like all the other GoRs. Then you just get all the schools covered by related GoRs to agree to change the landscape, and the landscape gets changed.

Or have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    I saw that last night and sent it to my Hoo friend just for kicks. On the good word of The Dude, we both have our bags packed (tic).

In fairness to him, he says that the ACC GoR is solid. But he thinks Texas is heading to the B1G in one way or another, which is obviously bad for WVU.

Today the Dude is saying that The Big Ten Conference is considering State University of New York at Buffalo. They do not really have an athletic tradition, but they are a large public state research university that is an AAU member. They are also the only school that plays FBS football in the State of New York other than Syracuse.

Now if something like this happens, then we'll know that the Big Ten is thinking more like a TV network than an athletic conference. This would only be to get the BTN into the state of New York's cable subscribers.

I would go back to saying that the ACC would need Temple for the same reason in the Mid-Atlantic regarding an ACC network.

The Dude: Clemson & FSU to the Big 12, UNC & UVa to the B1G and now Texas and Oklahoma to the B1G. What next?

PS I know I missed UVa and VT to the B1G too, but I think you get the point.

Last edited by Stech; Mon Aug 19 2013 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    The Dude: Clemson & FSU to the Big 12, UNC & UVa to the B1G and now Texas and Oklahoma to the B1G. What next?

PS I know I missed UVa and VT to the B1G too, but I think you get the point.
    So what's next for the ACC?

Standing pat, adding, ND as full member?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If they add Buffalo, it shows you what a fraud the whole BTN and cable-satellite matrix is. I can't imagine many people in NY state give a rip about UB (man, I even forgot what their nickname is). But even non-football fans in the Empire State will be forced to pay up. Meanwhile B1G lovers elsewhere have to accept a watered down product. Taking University of Toronto would have more credibility.

The rumor mill right now is unbelievable. On one end of the B1G expansion target spectrum is Texas...and now Buffalo on the other? I can't keep up!
    Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    Today the Dude is saying that The Big Ten Conference is considering State University of New York at Buffalo. They do not really have an athletic tradition, but they are a large public state research university that is an AAU member. They are also the only school that plays FBS football in the State of New York other than Syracuse.

Now if something like this happens, then we'll know that the Big Ten is thinking more like a TV network than an athletic conference. This would only be to get the BTN into the state of New York's cable subscribers.

I would go back to saying that the ACC would need Temple for the same reason in the Mid-Atlantic regarding an ACC network.
    Last edited by Maroon Baboon; Tue Aug 20 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    If they add Buffalo, it shows you what a fraud the whole BTN and cable-satellite matrix is. I can't imagine many people in NY state give a rip about UB (man, I even forgot what their nickname is). But even non-football fans in the Empire State will be forced to pay up. Meanwhile B1G lovers elsewhere have to accept a watered down product. Taking University of Toronto would have more credibility.

The rumor mill right now is unbelievable. On one end of the B1G expansion target spectrum is Texas...and now Buffalo on the other? I can't keep up!
    Buffalo? Really? I didn't think the cannabis growing in West Virginia was that potent.

Or maybe the cannabis is growing in the courtyard at the B1G office
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Buffalo? Really? I didn't think the cannabis growing in West Virginia was that potent.