The Ivy League is Launching its Digital Network next week.

Seeing this makes me wonder where the ACC is with ours. I know they are working on it. The Ivy League is charging subscription fees to access their Digital Content. For those interested:

http://www.ivyleaguedigitalnetwork.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    Seeing this makes me wonder where the ACC is with ours. I know they are working on it. The Ivy League is charging subscription fees to access their Digital Content. For those interested:

Just goes to show how inept our ACC leadership has been in this area.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

right now it is countdown videos, etc. wouldn't doubt that subscription fees operate similar to how hokies all access has worked in the past. plus several sports (women's volleyball) are already scheduled for watchespn.

www.theaccdn.com

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    I'm convinced that if it aint bball, Greensboro knows nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    We have the most watched digital network out of all the conferences. There are actually some good interviews on there.

No, To set uo a network, first, must arrange content is there 24 hours 7 days a week, This means details NOT repeats, or generalities. THen, ACC and the network has to free and by back the properties that were sub-leased to RAYCOM and FOX. (you dont just say here's a check, it requires negotiations and its not easy. THen, ACC has to get negotiations with the Cable companies and satellite networks to get them to buy the network and a GOOD subscriber rate. (IVY is bargain price)... ACC is NOT going to sponsor a network if they cannot get a better return than they have now.

THere is LOTS going on, and not like the SEC, its all hushed up, and any negotiations (with ESPN the acc strategic media partner) is working. We have too many folks that think this is nothing more than showing TV game on channel 7 in roanoke. Its much more complicated.