Even with injuries and attrition, I am still stoked for this season

1. I get to drink some of the best beer in the world while watching my Hokies play

2. I'm excited to see what sort of magic our new offensive coaches will work.

3. Another season of watching Bud Foster make another Top 15 defense(I am sure of this one. Mark it down.)

4. Also, seriously, outside of Bama, and even with injuries, who on our schedule is really that much better than us? The coastal is week. Miami is overrated. I'm not rolling over just yet. I still say 9-3 is a darn good possibility if our offensive coaches are the real deal. As long as we have the team cohesion, the grit, the coaching and the desire to outwork our opponents with the chip on our shoulder, I think we'll be a happy fanbase by season's end.

I always enjoy watching Hokie Football.

Quote Originally Posted by PDXHokie View Post
    1. I get to drink some of the best beer in the world while watching my Hokies play

3. Another season of watching Bud Foster make another Top 15 defense(I am sure of this one. Mark it down.)

4. Also, seriously, outside of Bama, and even with injuries, who on our schedule is really that much better than us? The coastal is week. Miami is overrated. I'm not rolling over just yet. I still say 9-3 is a darn good possibility if our offensive coaches are the real deal. As long as we have the team cohesion, the grit, the coaching and the desire to outwork our opponents with the chip on our shoulder, I think we'll be a happy fanbase by season's end.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

If our D can stay healthy and rapidly develop in areas that are inexperienced and other areas a tad 'thin', I think we can win 8 games. As for the offense, I think a lot of that depends on having a RB that can carry the water, and an OLINE that can actually block people and of course stay healthy. Any deficiency in any areas along these questionable areas, and we could looking at a 5-7 win season...seriously, our lack of talent along the Offense, combined with injuries makes us extremely vulnerable.

I'm cautiously delirious

Let the games begin ...

"That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    I always enjoy watching Hokie Football.
    With the exception of last year I agree with you. But I found last year to be painful, regardless of whether the game was a win or loss. It was just painful to watch. I sure hope this year is different....

Healthy attitude....I think that was the consensus attitude of the fan base in the early 90's when this ride began!!

We'll just have to take things weak by weak.

+1 It was really ugly. I expect better this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Hokies View Post
    With the exception of last year I agree with you. But I found last year to be painful, regardless of whether the game was a win or loss. It was just painful to watch. I sure hope this year is different....

Quote Originally Posted by squarerootofone View Post
    we'll just have to take things weak by weak.

lol