Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I watched the 2011 season, did not remember ever seeing fuller on the field, but as you say we have two WR's that match the experience of Fuller, so how many receivers are you playing per play? but good to know that when we win 10 games this year you will be jumping for joy, bama game is tough, rest of the schedule is very doable.

Quote Originally Posted by King of Hokies View Post
    What? Is this a joke? Fuller was a 22-23 year old redshirt senior last year who had played in 6 previous college football games, 57 plays total. He was named the Bullock Most Improved offensive player the year before his senior year. He ran a 4.36 forty. We have only two players on our roster this year with that combination of talent and experience, Coles and Knowles.

I'm not dogging our players. But we have serious, serious roster problems this year. If we win 8 games if might be the best coaching job ever done at VT (2006 with 10 wins is tops in my opinion). It's just super foolish to look at our WR corps and predict we will be fine. Especially with Coles (in my mind anyway) a super big question mark due to his lingering injury.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    I watched the 2011 season, did not remember ever seeing fuller on the field, but as you say we have two WR's that match the experience of Fuller, so how many receivers are you playing per play? but good to know that when we win 10 games this year you will be jumping for joy, bama game is tough, rest of the schedule is very doable.
    Per Hokiesports he played in 6 games with 57 catches in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by hokie_n_savannah View Post
    Per Hokiesports he played in 6 games with 57 catches in 2011.
    57 snaps, not catches. He had 2 receptions for 19 yds in 2011.
    "You live on - in the hearts of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here...Death ends life, not a relationship. M. Albom

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    57 snaps, not catches. He had 2 receptions for 19 yds in 2011.
    Thats what you get when you're in a hurry. Thanks for the correction.