Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Realistically, how long do Coles' and Edwards' knees hold up?

Both guys are still hobbled, can either handle a full time starting role? I'd put the over/under for both guys at 7.5 games before something happens.

Quote Originally Posted by soflahokie View Post
    Both guys are still hobbled, can either handle a full time starting role? I'd put the over/under for both guys at 7.5 games before something happens.
    Key point there, and which I have 'implied' below. I think we have some emerging injuries that are not yet fully known. Also, it does appear that Coles didn't come into camp in good, conditioning shape...I think Coles 'may' be good for 2-3 games and then bow out in some form or fashion, with Tariq playing hobbled for the year, and never at full speed. Again, we have some major emerging issues here which will affect performance.

it is a good thing we have more than one WR, do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hokie View Post
    Key point there, and which I have 'implied' below. I think we have some emerging injuries that are not yet fully known. Also, it does appear that Coles didn't come into camp in good, conditioning shape...I think Coles 'may' be good for 2-3 games and then bow out in some form or fashion, with Tariq playing hobbled for the year, and never at full speed. Again, we have some major emerging issues here which will affect performance.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    it is a good thing we have more than one WR, do you agree?
    AH, is that a trick question Mr. Stinespring? The answer is obvious, and of course begs the question if your marvelous efforts in recruiting that masterful offense scheme over the years had been successful, we probably wouldn't be pinning all of WR hopes on a guy running around on 1leg...let alone relying on the other key cogs in the machine being a WR who is effectively a track star (Knowles) with limited experience, or a former Canadian, masquerading as a kid from Georgia (Stanford), who's also still learning the game as well.

Personally, just not good odds, but then again, you are by 'default' immune to these realities of dysfunction which have pervaded our O existence for what, 5-7 years now. What's the saying, 'you reap what you sow'? We are now reaping what we have sowed according to your cumulative offensive brilliance.

All I can say is God Bless Scott, Grimey, and Emery Morehead's Son)

none of us know who is going to get injured but are you saying Knowles can't be a good WR, he showed well last year and that was with limited plays. Are you saying the WR's we recruited that are not starters now but probably will play this year are not talented? I assume we were not the only team recruiting them, they may be young but for a WR that is not a huge problem. My guess is they know how to run routes, know how to play football and can catch the ball (or else we probably would not have recruited them).

AH, is that a trick question Mr. Stinespring? The answer is obvious, and of course begs the question if your marvelous efforts in recruiting that masterful offense scheme over the years had been successful, we probably wouldn't be pinning all of WR hopes on a guy running around on 1leg...let alone relying on the other key cogs in the machine being a WR who is effectively a track star (Knowles) with limited experience, or a former Canadian, masquerading as a kid from Georgia (Stanford), who's also still learning the game as well.

Personally, just not good odds, but then again, you are by 'default' immune to these realities of dysfunction which have pervaded our O existence for what, 5-7 years now. What's the saying, 'you reap what you sow'? We are now reaping what we have sowed according to your cumulative offensive brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    none of us know who is going to get injured but are you saying Knowles can't be a good WR, he showed well last year and that was with limited plays. Are you saying the WR's we recruited that are not starters now but probably will play this year are not talented? I assume we were not the only team recruiting them, they may be young but for a WR that is not a huge problem. My guess is they know how to run routes, know how to play football and can catch the ball (or else we probably would not have recruited them).
    Mr. Stinespring, I am wondering aloud if you are simply naive on purpose or just like to say positive things to make yourself feel better for your lack of recruiting prowess/success. Point is, these guys are YOUNG, it has nothing to do with the star rating. Can they run the routes, can they block, let alone, can they catch the ball??? So far in practice they are having a hard time doing any of the above. Knowles is the ONLY 1 who as any experience, and it is highly limited 'liberally' speaking. The others? A BIG TBD.

This is going to be all too apparent in the coming weeks, but please and by all means, continue to be positive if it makes you feel good.

I really appreciate DJ Coles' contribution to the program but I'd be surprised if he didn't re-injured himself in the first couple of games. I'm saying this based on his weight issue and injury history. Hopefully, he holds up and can be a big time contributor this year.

IF you are going to resort to name-calling again, take it to UWS.

I wonder if Frank still "wants to take ours and play theirs" with regards to our recruiting

Mr. Stinespring, I am wondering aloud if you are simply naive on purpose or just like to say positive things to make yourself feel better for your lack of recruiting prowess/success. Point is, these guys are YOUNG, it has nothing to do with the star rating. Can they run the routes, can they block, let alone, can they catch the ball??? So far in practice they are having a hard time doing any of the above. Knowles is the ONLY 1 who as any experience, and it is highly limited 'liberally' speaking. The others? A BIG TBD.

This is going to be all too apparent in the coming weeks, but please and by all means, continue to be positive if it makes you feel good.

Quote Originally Posted by FF Hokie View Post
    I wonder if Frank still "wants to take ours and play theirs" with regards to our recruiting
    I can guarantee you he does. And even with the huge disparity in talent level, he's gonna stick up for his guys. That shouldn't be lost on so many people, but apparently it is. Our fan base decided several years ago that if we can't win with what we have then we should throw it out and start over, but anyone who claims to be a realist should understand why that isn't so easy or sometimes even possible. What exactly have any of our current players done to deserve such disrespect from their own schools students/fans/alumni?