If you're going to provide input, please provide it now, not after launch.

I figured that the rollout of our beta yesterday would get a little bit more commentary and feedback than it did.

So let me be a little bit more forceful: What's linked below is what's coming. Within a week or two. Please take a look and let us know if there are technical issues, major operational issues, etc.

Don't read this post, think, "Yeah, whatever ..." then fly off the handle or berate us when the site linked below becomes reality soon. Because that's what happened last time around: we asked for people to load test our site, a few hundred of you went over to it and banged away at it, and no one really said anything positive or negative. But when we launched, all hell broke loose.

If, for example, you click the link below, and an unholy mess that you can't read loads, or worse yet, it won't load for you at all, then don't think, "Yeah, whatever ..." and stay silent. If the site poses technical issues or glitches for you, we need to know about it.

If, for example, you click the link below, and you think to yourself, "What a piece of crap. If they launch that, I'm never visiting this site again, and I'm letting my subscription lapse" ... we need to know that. Not after launch ... now.

That's what the beta is here for: checkout and testing and feedback. It's not for ignoring.

So ... feedback wanted. Testing wanted. Apply below.

TSL Beta Site
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

There are definitely plenty of ads to keep my eyes busy (just a first impression). I like the HokieNews links on the right side of the articles. Didn't see a lot of major changes that would impact my experience. THis is after 5 minutes of poking around.

I really like the return of the threaded boards. Forgot how much I missed them.

i like it- left feedback on the "read this" portion on the Beta site. I think having a separate threaded and topic board would work just fine. I really only visit the football board and lounge board and rarely post anymore.

Still, I would like it better if the boards were listed in a column- it just makes for easier navigation than hovering over "message boards" and then waiting for the dropdown list, or having to click message boards and clicking the football board on my tablet. Maybe it makes it look cleaner, but it makes for efficient navigation going from one board to the next

can't login to it - says my email address and username are both incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    I figured that the rollout of our beta yesterday would get a little bit more commentary and feedback than it did.

So let me be a little bit more forceful: What's linked below is what's coming. Within a week or two. Please take a look and let us know if there are technical issues, major operational issues, etc.

Don't read this post, think, "Yeah, whatever ..." then fly off the handle or berate us when the site linked below becomes reality soon. Because that's what happened last time around: we asked for people to load test our site, a few hundred of you went over to it and banged away at it, and no one really said anything positive or negative. But when we launched, all hell broke loose.

If, for example, you click the link below, and an unholy mess that you can't read loads, or worse yet, it won't load for you at all, then don't think, "Yeah, whatever ..." and stay silent. If the site poses technical issues or glitches for you, we need to know about it.

If, for example, you click the link below, and you think to yourself, "What a piece of crap. If they launch that, I'm never visiting this site again, and I'm letting my subscription lapse" ... we need to know that. Not after launch ... now.

That's what the beta is here for: checkout and testing and feedback. It's not for ignoring.

So ... feedback wanted. Testing wanted. Apply below.

TSL Beta Site
    Even though football and basketball are what most people are interested in, are you going to have a section for news and discussions for the non-revenue sports too?