I've finally figured it out: cwtc IS Brian Stinespring. LOL! Truly, I hope (and that

is quite a bit of hope), that our O will be better than last year, but the stars aren't aligning given the rash of injuries we are experiencing, and that is simply facing the facts. The clean-up job Scott/Grimey face is daunting to say the least and on so many levels its now becoming apparent just how poorly this group was managed over the years...the subsequent drop off in recruiting of course is the tell-tale sign that we've lost the respect of the HS coaching community in this regard.

But onto the future, we now have competent leadership, but this is going to take some time folks....I am hoping our olines can minimize injuries, because this is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of our present and future. As long as we can field some serviceable backs, while we won't be as effective as a Wilson, Williams, etc. we'll at least move the ball forward, 2-3 yards a pop, which is bearable over last season.

The biggest hope of course is Bud's team, and I am praying we hold onto what we have and sustain no further injuries...that to me is the key to a winning season. This is where the majority of our success this season will emanate from.

if so then my bank account is missing a bunch of zeros. Sorry I am more optimistic then the doomsayers on here. Again, the folks we recruit for our O are players with talent or else we would not be going after them. So I don't freak out about injuries unless it is the starting QB and even there this year we are in good shape. If you want to think our recruiting has been awful then that means we got the bottom of the barrel guys and nobody else wanted them, why did other teams that are comparable to us want them?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hokie View Post
    is quite a bit of hope), that our O will be better than last year, but the stars aren't aligning given the rash of injuries we are experiencing, and that is simply facing the facts. The clean-up job Scott/Grimey face is daunting to say the least and on so many levels its now becoming apparent just how poorly this group was managed over the years...the subsequent drop off in recruiting of course is the tell-tale sign that we've lost the respect of the HS coaching community in this regard.

But onto the future, we now have competent leadership, but this is going to take some time folks....I am hoping our olines can minimize injuries, because this is THE MOST IMPORTANT part of our present and future. As long as we can field some serviceable backs, while we won't be as effective as a Wilson, Williams, etc. we'll at least move the ball forward, 2-3 yards a pop, which is bearable over last season.

The biggest hope of course is Bud's team, and I am praying we hold onto what we have and sustain no further injuries...that to me is the key to a winning season. This is where the majority of our success this season will emanate from.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hokie View Post

This thread is closed. Try it again, if you wish, without any mention of cwtcr.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.