Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OOC games coming ND, WVU, tOSU, Michigan, Penn State, Wisconsin etc....more coming

and as I said several days ago, get used to more great OOC games. The new system to crown a football National Champion is going to make the regular season more interesting too.

PS Hokies did you ever think you would see the day that would be our OOC schedule? Now be honest!

Will believe it when we play the games.

I think vt is smart locking these teams now before other programs realize this dilemma ..I wonder who the mistery team to replace Wisc . I wonder what geographic area of the country the team is from.

My worry can vt recuit to the level of new competition

I had a thought on our sudden ability to schedule ...

Maybe these schools now see VT as a fairly high level program they can beat rather than a big risk with little reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    PS Hokies did you ever think you would see the day that would be our OOC schedule? Now be honest!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post

Maybe these schools now see VT as a fairly high level program they can beat rather than a big risk with little reward.
    OSU and Wisconsin have been scheduled for years, and both probably feel a win over VT is quite a feat. And then ND was sort of forced to play us. With Penn St., it's been said for over a decade that JoePa was the hold up there. He simply wanted nothing to do with elevating our program to their level, and I don't blame him. And finally, I believe our recent interactions w/ Michigan at the Sugar Bowl probably helped.

Overall, I think the new format that allows a quality loss here or there has helped in this department. And ALL of these B1G schools are quite limited in where they can recruit. That's why they want into the south so badly. A win in Blacksburg would really help them recruit the state.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post

I think they see recruiting in Md, Va and strengthening the Big10 network.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    and as I said several days ago, get used to more great OOC games. The new system to crown a football National Champion is going to make the regular season more interesting too.

It is an impressive list for sure. I really think we NEED to play two BCS level opponents each year nowadays because our conference schedules are so horrendous. It certainly seems we aren't afraid to do that. I could see us playing WVU every year and then playing a B1G or SEC team.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    OSU and Wisconsin have been scheduled for years, and both probably feel a win over VT is quite a feat. And then ND was sort of forced to play us. With Penn St., it's been said for over a decade that JoePa was the hold up there. He simply wanted nothing to do with elevating our program to their level, and I don't blame him. And finally, I believe our recent interactions w/ Michigan at the Sugar Bowl probably helped.

Overall, I think the new format that allows a quality loss here or there has helped in this department. And ALL of these B1G schools are quite limited in where they can recruit. That's why they want into the south so badly. A win in Blacksburg would really help them recruit the state.
    And oh, I think Beamer's a little more open to it now. I think the new offensive folks have encouraged him to think nationally when it comes to recruiting, so he's probably pushing for many more of these games than he was.

I hope we dont have the perception as great perception as a high level program but actually average team.--- meaning beatable

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    It is an impressive list for sure. I really think we NEED to play two BCS level opponents each year nowadays because our conference schedules are so horrendous. It certainly seems we aren't afraid to do that. I could see us playing WVU every year and then playing a B1G or SEC team.
    I hope you are right.