Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Going to be a painful 60 minutes of football in ATL! Too much to ask of this team.

Plan your trip around family, friends and Hokie Nation. Represent as we always do. Be realistic about the game at this point. I don't see us staying within 28 on this one.

I still think VT covers the spread. I always look at matchups and our strength (VT DLine) is going up against their weakness (OL - 3 starters lost and drafted in the NFL). However, with Exum out, I'm afraid Cooper is going to have a big day and look for Saban to use his big TE to exploit the void RVD-less Whip has left.

BTW, what is the spread?

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHokie View Post
    I still think VT covers the spread. I always look at matchups and our strength (VT DLine) is going up against their weakness (OL - 3 starters lost and drafted in the NFL). However, with Exum out, I'm afraid Cooper is going to have a big day and look for Saban to use his big TE to exploit the void RVD-less Whip has left.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    BTW, what is the spread?

time to pull an old SEC move and change Caleb to a 1st quarter suspension

we are doomed obviously, we should not even show up, just forfeit the game now, save the pain

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaCat View Post
    Plan your trip around family, friends and Hokie Nation. Represent as we always do. Be realistic about the game at this point. I don't see us staying within 28 on this one.

I assume your sarcastic response means you DON'T believe it will be a painful 60 minutes versus Alabama. Maybe you can explain why you're optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    we are doomed obviously, we should not even show up, just forfeit the game now, save the pain

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaCat View Post
    I sure hope the team is not as downtrodden as many of the Tech fans seem to be. I will be at the game and will cheer loudly no matter the outcome. If the Hokies get thumped badly, I plan to hold my head high and look forward to improvement in the 11 remaining games. The bamma game will matter little if the team gets its act together by the time ACC play rolls around.

I am hoping for no more injuries in that game. We are beaten up already.

The team had issues in 2012, we made changes, we have different personnel but more returning starters from last year, we have a senior QB, we have Edmunds, and so darn sorry I am optimistic to start the year. Do you think 2012 is the new normal? Not for me with the recruits we are getting but no it does not take 5 years to get back to bcs bowls. What will this year bring, who knows but I don't go thru life negative, it is a sucky way to be to me anyways.

Can we beat bama, sure, it is possible, it will be very difficult if the espn hype machine is correct about bama but it is a win win for us, we lose then we are one of the 14 teams that bama ran over on their way to another MNC, if we win we pull off the upset of the century

Quote Originally Posted by Pride_and_Joy View Post
    I assume your sarcastic response means you DON'T believe it will be a painful 60 minutes versus Alabama. Maybe you can explain why you're optimistic.