Would love Foster to rotate 6' 2" 230 Tyrel Wilson at Whip LB.

Maybe we throw in 6'3" 230 Dadi Nicolas at Whip LB since he's already taking snaps as a gunner on the punt coverage team. But then again... he'll be pretty vulnerable in pass coverage.

Or maybe... we move around the LBs and move 6'2" 234 Tariq Edwards to Whip LB? Depends if Bud Foster feels his walk-on Whip LBs aren't ready and the Backers are more ready.

But then again, next man up! Lets see what 6'0" 216 Josh Trimble or 6'0" 216 Derek DiNardo have in store. We don't need someone that's just solid but instead someone that can help the defense, play consistent, and is a playmaker.

The next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting.
    ---

"In Bud We Trust."

Quote Originally Posted by VTizzle View Post
    Maybe we throw in 6'3" 230 Dadi Nicolas at Whip LB since he's already taking snaps as a gunner on the punt coverage team. But then again... he'll be pretty vulnerable in pass coverage.

Or maybe... we move around the LBs and move 6'2" 234 Tariq Edwards to Whip LB? Depends if Bud Foster feels his walk-on Whip LBs aren't ready and the Backers are more ready.

But then again, next man up! Lets see what 6'0" 216 Josh Trimble or 6'0" 216 Derek DiNardo have in store. We don't need someone that's just solid but instead someone that can help the defense, play consistent, and is a playmaker.

Will be interesting to see if Deon Clarke or Devin Van Dyke move UP at their positions while Tariq moves over. I would think it'd be easier to move a more experienced guy to a position with that much responsibility...but I guess it all depends on who's the sharpest mentally and if they can pick it up.

I will say that Trimble was probably our 2nd best special teams tackler behind Tweedy last year, so he can probably hold his own.

I, as in me, I don't disagry. Thoughtful suggestion. Kinda like deploying a true attacking forty-three with a L.T. in the Sam spot. Though that true 4-3 has not been Bud for a long long time. Not sure he'd go back this quick.

late-
    b-st.

'не говорите хороший бой

I think we will play nickle most of the year.

Banned

If the WHIP is such an important position in Bud's defense why can't he get some good players in there? It seems like it'd be a high priority. I thought McKinnon was the answer but I heard Foster say he didn't look as good in space as he looked on film. I guess he knows what he's talking about

If Wilson can't handle LB responsibilities he can't handle coverage responsibilities of whip
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand

Wilson or Edwards maybe the answer against bigger fronts like Bama, but I would like to see Kyle Fuller move back to the nickel as long as Kendall can handle the boundary corner. Kyle tackles well in open space and is so aggressive the run, I think the whip/nickel is his best position.

can't play in space. Apparently not even at middle lb so definitive not at whip (which is hybrid db/lb)

I would like to see the younger Van Dyke step up, he's a great athlete like his brother and will be a linchpin in the defense for years to come.

This defense could be one of the youngest I've ever seen, freshmen are all over the field and will be getting big minutes. Could be a scary good D in a few years if Fisher qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    Will be interesting to see if Deon Clarke or Devin Van Dyke move UP at their positions while Tariq moves over. I would think it'd be easier to move a more experienced guy to a position with that much responsibility...but I guess it all depends on who's the sharpest mentally and if they can pick it up.

I will say that Trimble was probably our 2nd best special teams tackler behind Tweedy last year, so he can probably hold his own.

Move Anthony Shegog to outside linebacker if needed

Freshman - Anthony Shegog has shown some nice pass coverage ability in camp so far. He has the size I think he could handle outside linebacker. I would feel good with Shegog and Trimble at outside linebacker. This year the freshman are going to play and they are going to play alot due to injuries and lack of depth.