Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    VTizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22, 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    42,773
    Yep. Pretty much nailed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Hokie View Post
    None of these were sure starters except RVD and all will be back except for Gregory and RVD for the important part of our season. Alabama is not our season . I know alot of people were high on RVD but it had yet to be taken to the field he got beat out by Tweety last year and we were working Fuller there aleady for Nickel before this . We need Coleman back because of depth and we don't need anymore key injuries but one good thing it may have got Teller to the place where he can be a big factor for this team if not now in the future . I say team surprises to the up side this year .
    ---

    "In Bud We Trust."

  2. #12
    This season will be 100% more bearable if you view it as if it is a season-long scrimmage.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    August 23, 2001
    Posts
    60,626
    wow, the posts just get funnier, We have no O, huh? whatever. Yes we have injuries in fall practice... WE HAVE INJURIES every year, EVERY team does. But somehow the teams are still able to field a team. Yes we have a tough opener but the rest of the schedule we will be fine. We have talent and we have more than 22 players on the team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hokie View Post
    With the slew of injuries, and now with van dyke being out for the season, combined with an absolute disaster of lack of offensive malfuctions brought on by sheer years of negligence, neglect to address core problems, we are in big trouble that can only be rectified by the new staff and a rededication to establishing a completely new system. I know coach loefler and Grundy can do it but this going to be painful to watch. Put your face ask on boys because it is going to be a fight. Thank god we have bud and some great d men, but losing Ronny really, really stings...lots of Nickle and I hope we can hold up. Looks like another year where having a great d is the only thing that will save us...looks like status quo in the burg. I wish it was different or better.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    August 23, 2001
    Posts
    60,626
    so the guys we got over the last 4 years were not wanted by any other team? correct? if they were then apparently everyone in college ball is dumber than a rock. And again the fellas we landed over the last 4 years truly appreciate you calling them no talent hacks

    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    New coaching staff is welcomed. The reason for this years woes is the past O staff. They were inept and not respected and not trusted in the recruiting realm. We lost out on far, far to much offensive talent the last 4 years due to this staff and the former OC. We are now feeling the effects of it on the field in the form of a talent problem

  5. #15

    What do you mean in your post?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    wow, the posts just get funnier, We have no O, huh? whatever. Yes we have injuries in fall practice... WE HAVE INJURIES every year, EVERY team does. But somehow the teams are still able to field a team. Yes we have a tough opener but the rest of the schedule we will be fine. We have talent and we have more than 22 players on the team.
    You write, we have no O and question the original poster. Did he actually write that we have no O? Do you feel our O is going to be poor, bad, less than average, average, above average, good, excellent? Why are you so vague with so many of your statements dude? You write, "we have talent and we have more than 22 players on the team." Again, what do you mean? Are you truly trying to pass this statement off as some original and brilliant point of which every other team in America can say the same for themselves. When you write, "we have talent", again, what do you mean? How much talent?

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by VTizzle View Post
    Sucks you feel that way.
    So, does that mean, "you are feeling it?"
    His premise or the jest of his post from my interpretation was.....we are going to have a tough season compared to our past seasons due to offensive woes and now adding injuries to the mix. I think it's a fair assessment that this is the jest of his post.

    Do you actually disagree with his assessment?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Hokie View Post
    None of these were sure starters except RVD and all will be back except for Gregory and RVD for the important part of our season. Alabama is not our season . I know alot of people were high on RVD but it had yet to be taken to the field he got beat out by Tweety last year and we were working Fuller there aleady for Nickel before this . We need Coleman back because of depth and we don't need anymore key injuries but one good thing it may have got Teller to the place where he can be a big factor for this team if not now in the future . I say team surprises to the up side this year .
    Agree with your post, but not the outcome. Yes, it may be a overreaction and I agree that Bama isn't our season, but the leaves UNC, Miami, GT, and yes, Marshall and ECU-both of which are going to be better than some realize. Even without playing Clemson and FSU, we could lose 4 more games in addition to Bama. As a matter of fact, I don't think we will be favored over UNC, Miami, or GT, and the spread with Marshall, ECU, and Boston College will be closer than expected.

  8. #18

    "any other team" again, what does that mean, Houston, San Jose St, Alabama?

    Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    so the guys we got over the last 4 years were not wanted by any other team? correct? if they were then apparently everyone in college ball is dumber than a rock. And again the fellas we landed over the last 4 years truly appreciate you calling them no talent hacks
    It matters as to WHICH teams wanted who. To be more specific, our recruiting offensively over the last 4 years has struggled and been ranked lower than where we recruited before that, since the late 90's and through the 2000's up until about 3-4 years ago. Also, why on earth would you write that I called them "no talent hacks"? How can you just write something so blatantly false and move on to the next post? What is the standard of comparison for the last 3 to 4 years of our offensive recruits? The standard isn't you or me, it's the previous offensive recruiting classes at VT and the other 119 or so teams in America. By the standard, the last 4 years have ranked lower by VT standards, Rivals.com, and Scout.com. That's simply a fact.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    August 23, 2001
    Posts
    60,626
    nothing on a message board is brilliant or for the most part even relevant, its just folks jawing about a subject. To answer your question our O will be better than last year, why? We have IMO better WR's, we have a more solid OL, we have a senior QB that is very good, our RB's have more experience now and we have Edmunds. For the we hae 22 players comment injuries happen to EVERY team EVERY fall practice session in the run up to the first game, its not unusual and it is expected by the coaches, thus they make adjustments along the way so just because we have some guys nicked up or out for the season does not mean we are doomed, not good for the particular guy but not the end of the world for the team. Yes we have talent, the guys we recruit are highly talented and are wanted by other teams, its not like we only get the players nobody else wants, so again, you have said for months that our recruiting sucks the last 4, 10 or whatever year you choose, so are the guys we got in that time period on O no talent hacks? Was Tyrod, Wilson, Evans, just to name a few? 2012 was bad, yep, tough confluence of events but no the O was not awful for the last 10 years, in fact ranked in the 30's during that time period at times which is darn good considering we have been a defense first type team since the 90's.

    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    You write, we have no O and question the original poster. Did he actually write that we have no O? Do you feel our O is going to be poor, bad, less than average, average, above average, good, excellent? Why are you so vague with so many of your statements dude? You write, "we have talent and we have more than 22 players on the team." Again, what do you mean? Are you truly trying to pass this statement off as some original and brilliant point of which every other team in America can say the same for themselves. When you write, "we have talent", again, what do you mean? How much talent?

  10. #20

    Join Date
    August 23, 2001
    Posts
    60,626
    Yes, the only thing you should pay attention to is the guesses the recruiting industry places on High schoolers, not how they actually performed on the field. I mean "by other teams" our peers in div.1 college football. From what I read the guys we recruit on O are wanted by other comparable teams, is that correct or not? IF not then they are the bottom of the barrel? I doubt that. Our classes were ranked lower, ok, so it went from the 20's to the 100's, I also doubt that. But your statement that we have sucked at recruiting any O players for the last ten years means that the guys we did get have no talent, so I simply asked you if you thought the guys we recruited the last ten years on O had no talent? Please answer as that will clarify your position. If you say yes then you are simply wrong, if you say no then your argument makes no sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    It matters as to WHICH teams wanted who. To be more specific, our recruiting offensively over the last 4 years has struggled and been ranked lower than where we recruited before that, since the late 90's and through the 2000's up until about 3-4 years ago. Also, why on earth would you write that I called them "no talent hacks"? How can you just write something so blatantly false and move on to the next post? What is the standard of comparison for the last 3 to 4 years of our offensive recruits? The standard isn't you or me, it's the previous offensive recruiting classes at VT and the other 119 or so teams in America. By the standard, the last 4 years have ranked lower by VT standards, Rivals.com, and Scout.com. That's simply a fact.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •