Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sorry fellas, but this year I am just not feeling it....

With the slew of injuries, and now with van dyke being out for the season, combined with an absolute disaster of lack of offensive malfuctions brought on by sheer years of negligence, neglect to address core problems, we are in big trouble that can only be rectified by the new staff and a rededication to establishing a completely new system. I know coach loefler and Grundy can do it but this going to be painful to watch. Put your face ask on boys because it is going to be a fight. Thank god we have bud and some great d men, but losing Ronny really, really stings...lots of Nickle and I hope we can hold up. Looks like another year where having a great d is the only thing that will save us...looks like status quo in the burg. I wish it was different or better.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Hokie View Post
    With the slew of injuries, and now with van dyke being out for the season, combined with an absolute disaster of lack of offensive malfuctions brought on by sheer years of negligence, neglect to address core problems, we are in big trouble that can only be rectified by the new staff and a rededication to establishing a completely new system. I know coach loefler and Grundy can do it but this going to be painful to watch. Put your face ask on boys because it is going to be a fight. Thank god we have bud and some great d men, but losing Ronny really, really stings...lots of Nickle and I hope we can hold up. Looks like another year where having a great d is the only thing that will save us...looks like status quo in the burg. I wish it was different or better.
    New coaching staff, new offensive system, o-line and running back injuries. We have Alabama right where we want them, VT 77 Alabama 3, GO HOKIES!!!!!!

LOL. Maybe in penalties
    Quote Originally Posted by novahokie03 View Post
    New coaching staff, new offensive system, o-line and running back injuries. We have Alabama right where we want them, VT 77 Alabama 3, GO HOKIES!!!!!!

I'll have what the gentleman on the floor is having.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Really, I think maybe over reaction

None of these were sure starters except RVD and all will be back except for Gregory and RVD for the important part of our season. Alabama is not our season . I know alot of people were high on RVD but it had yet to be taken to the field he got beat out by Tweety last year and we were working Fuller there aleady for Nickel before this . We need Coleman back because of depth and we don't need anymore key injuries but one good thing it may have got Teller to the place where he can be a big factor for this team if not now in the future . I say team surprises to the up side this year .

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Hokie View Post
    I say team surprises to the up side this year .
    I agree - but even if we are wrong, it gets reps, game experience on the offensive side of the ball that is desperately needed almost across the board. Next year with Leal (or youngster if ready) under center, he'll have a much more experienced supporting cast. Need to bridge the gap to better talent.

This is like blaming the weather man for the weather. We just got a new O staff, getting another one will make things worse. I do believe we need to adjust our expectations with all the injuries, but throwing the staff out for injuries is....

yep, no sugar coating. We are limping into this game figuratively and literall

New coaching staff is welcomed. The reason for this years woes is the past O staff. They were inept and not respected and not trusted in the recruiting realm. We lost out on far, far to much offensive talent the last 4 years due to this staff and the former OC. We are now feeling the effects of it on the field in the form of a talent problem

Sucks you feel that way.
    ---

"In Bud We Trust."