Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57
  1. #21

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    Chesterfield,VA
    Posts
    44,246
    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    The point is clear and you should have enough brain power to get it.

    Point 1. Our offensive talent is lacking and the fact that they are even GETTING reps as 2nd or 3rd RB speaks to the talent situation on the offensive side of the ball. It also speaks to our offensive recruiting woes the last 3 or 4 years.

    Point 2. Actually, "we all" don't know their backgrounds as athletes. Therefore, caution when you use the term "we". Who the he** are you? Are you board rep or do you speak for the board or represent the "we" of the board, lol. I think the board picked a sorry IQ type if "they" did. The fact is.....you are wrong and "everyone or we" on the board actually DOES NOT know their background as athletes.

    Point 3. You write, "VT will recruit new RB talent in the future." LOL, my God man, did you come up with that all on your own? Do you promise? Do you promise VT will recruit more RB talent in the future? LOL. OF COURSE VT will recruit, has recruited, and will continue to recruit more RB talent in the future along with every other position in the game of football, lol. The point is.....we haven't done so well at recruited talent on the offensive side of the ball the last 4 years. I also think you got that point very clear and understood with my first post.
    why the good mood? Geez!
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

  2. #22
    vthokieq's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13, 1999
    Location
    Will Stewart's dog house
    Posts
    54,549

    Yikes

    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    The point is clear and you should have enough brain power to get it.

    Point 1. Our offensive talent is lacking and the fact that they are even GETTING reps as 2nd or 3rd RB speaks to the talent situation on the offensive side of the ball. It also speaks to our offensive recruiting woes the last 3 or 4 years.

    Point 2. Actually, "we all" don't know their backgrounds as athletes. Therefore, caution when you use the term "we". Who the he** are you? Are you board rep or do you speak for the board or represent the "we" of the board, lol. I think the board picked a sorry IQ type if "they" did. The fact is.....you are wrong and "everyone or we" on the board actually DOES NOT know their background as athletes.

    Point 3. You write, "VT will recruit new RB talent in the future." LOL, my God man, did you come up with that all on your own? Do you promise? Do you promise VT will recruit more RB talent in the future? LOL. OF COURSE VT will recruit, has recruited, and will continue to recruit more RB talent in the future along with every other position in the game of football, lol. The point is.....we haven't done so well at recruited talent on the offensive side of the ball the last 4 years. I also think you got that point very clear and understood with my first post.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    November 06, 2001
    Posts
    8,997
    VT has always recruited athletes on both sides of the ball and placed them where they thought the program could get the most benefit. They have clearly been more successful doing this on the defensive side of the ball than the offensive side but, your patchwork comment notwithstanding, that has been an MO for along time. HS coaches(some now coaching in college) who have actually seen and coached against Edmunds have said they think he can be good at either rb or lb. I trust their opinion over yours as they have actually seen his ability in person and been on the field so just because others may have recruited him at a different position doesn't mean they are right. Sadly, unless Grimes gets the OL working it will not matter how good Edmunds is and will not prove your point because even true rb need a line to run behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    The point is clear and you should have enough brain power to get it.

    Point 1. Our offensive talent is lacking and the fact that they are even GETTING reps as 2nd or 3rd RB speaks to the talent situation on the offensive side of the ball. It also speaks to our offensive recruiting woes the last 3 or 4 years.

    Point 2. Actually, "we all" don't know their backgrounds as athletes. Therefore, caution when you use the term "we". Who the he** are you? Are you board rep or do you speak for the board or represent the "we" of the board, lol. I think the board picked a sorry IQ type if "they" did. The fact is.....you are wrong and "everyone or we" on the board actually DOES NOT know their background as athletes.

    Point 3. You write, "VT will recruit new RB talent in the future." LOL, my God man, did you come up with that all on your own? Do you promise? Do you promise VT will recruit more RB talent in the future? LOL. OF COURSE VT will recruit, has recruited, and will continue to recruit more RB talent in the future along with every other position in the game of football, lol. The point is.....we haven't done so well at recruited talent on the offensive side of the ball the last 4 years. I also think you got that point very clear and understood with my first post.

  4. #24

    Nothing in your post speaks to the point

    Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    why the good mood? Geez!
    Interesting, nothing in your post challenge my point which is....and correctly is....

    1. VT has an offensive talent problem.

    When you attempt to go personal or "emotional" it suggest one central theme.......you have no argument for the point.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    why the good mood? Geez!
    So you agree, we do have an offensive talent issue?
    Since none of your post actually addressed the point, I take it you agree, we have some talent worries on the offensive side of the ball.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by soflahokie View Post
    Caleb is not ready to see the field at RB, he has never pass protected in his life I'd bet or taken handoffs from a QB. He's a great player but the position at this level requires a lot more than just intangibles. If JCC can't go for bama I bet we see a lot more Tony Gregory than anyone expected a week ago.
    Agree. You are correct, he's not ready to see the field as RB.
    Common sense tells us that and it's the results of recruiting an "athlete with the intentions of making him WR or DB" and not getting a commit from a true RB out of High School.

  7. #27
    Hokie CPA's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 28, 1999
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    61,763
    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    The point is clear and you should have enough brain power to get it.

    Point 1. Our offensive talent is lacking and the fact that they are even GETTING reps as 2nd or 3rd RB speaks to the talent situation on the offensive side of the ball. It also speaks to our offensive recruiting woes the last 3 or 4 years.

    Point 2. Actually, "we all" don't know their backgrounds as athletes. Therefore, caution when you use the term "we". Who the he** are you? Are you board rep or do you speak for the board or represent the "we" of the board, lol. I think the board picked a sorry IQ type if "they" did. The fact is.....you are wrong and "everyone or we" on the board actually DOES NOT know their background as athletes.

    Point 3. You write, "VT will recruit new RB talent in the future." LOL, my God man, did you come up with that all on your own? Do you promise? Do you promise VT will recruit more RB talent in the future? LOL. OF COURSE VT will recruit, has recruited, and will continue to recruit more RB talent in the future along with every other position in the game of football, lol. The point is.....we haven't done so well at recruited talent on the offensive side of the ball the last 4 years. I also think you got that point very clear and understood with my first post.


    I can see from your Join Date that you're a n00b here. VTizzle actually knows a little somethin-somethin about the goings on in Merryman.

    As for point 1... our running back depth has very little to do with "offensive recruiting woes" and a great deal to do with Drew Harris signing an LOI to come to VT and never qualifying for admission coupled with the fact that, within the span of a year, Darren Evans, Ryan Williams, and David Wilson all left to go pro with eligibility still on the table.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

    I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

  8. #28
    VTizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22, 2006
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    42,773

    Wait, is this a joke? Your post is all over the place!

    but entertaining... ...

    Let's simplify this:

    1) Trey Edmunds and Joel Caleb are getting additional reps. Simple. Both are talented (right?), but raw (agreed?). Coaching and experience fix the whole "project" and "raw" part of those two players. Hence the whole "additional reps" being a good thing.

    2) If you follow Virginia Tech football and read/post on this board at all, then you know Joel Caleb just moved to RB. You also know there's a talented freak athlete in Trey Edmunds who looks like a promising RB, which was widely reported last year, which makes it old news today.

    3) Yes, VT will recruit talented RBs. This doesn't even deserve any more attention as this is truly common sense to not just posters on this board, but the majority of Virginia Tech fans.


    Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    The point is clear and you should have enough brain power to get it.

    Point 1. Our offensive talent is lacking and the fact that they are even GETTING reps as 2nd or 3rd RB speaks to the talent situation on the offensive side of the ball. It also speaks to our offensive recruiting woes the last 3 or 4 years.

    Point 2. Actually, "we all" don't know their backgrounds as athletes. Therefore, caution when you use the term "we". Who the he** are you? Are you board rep or do you speak for the board or represent the "we" of the board, lol. I think the board picked a sorry IQ type if "they" did. The fact is.....you are wrong and "everyone or we" on the board actually DOES NOT know their background as athletes.

    Point 3. You write, "VT will recruit new RB talent in the future." LOL, my God man, did you come up with that all on your own? Do you promise? Do you promise VT will recruit more RB talent in the future? LOL. OF COURSE VT will recruit, has recruited, and will continue to recruit more RB talent in the future along with every other position in the game of football, lol. The point is.....we haven't done so well at recruited talent on the offensive side of the ball the last 4 years. I also think you got that point very clear and understood with my first post.
    ---

    "In Bud We Trust."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hhoop3 View Post
    VT has always recruited athletes on both sides of the ball and placed them where they thought the program could get the most benefit. They have clearly been more successful doing this on the defensive side of the ball than the offensive side but, your patchwork comment notwithstanding, that has been an MO for along time. HS coaches(some now coaching in college) who have actually seen and coached against Edmunds have said they think he can be good at either rb or lb. I trust their opinion over yours as they have actually seen his ability in person and been on the field so just because others may have recruited him at a different position doesn't mean they are right. Sadly, unless Grimes gets the OL working it will not matter how good Edmunds is and will not prove your point because even true rb need a line to run behind.
    Be specific, how many athletes and you make one false point.....

    1. All college teams recruit athletes and put them where they feel best. Therefore, your point here is certainly far from original, but leads more to the common sense side of the equation. VT isn't the only school to recruit athletes.

    2. As for athletes playing on the O and D side of the ball at VT, we have been more successful on the defensive side of the ball for a reason, and you conveniently left this out of your post. We have recruited BETTER on the defensive side of the ball; therefore, we haven't needed as many "athletes" to feel in the gaps in talent on the defensive side of the ball. Offensively, we haven't been as successful because we have needed MORE athletes on the offensive side of the ball to feel in the lacking talent gap which stemmed from...not being able to recruit true offensive talent at that position COMPARED TO where we used to.

    3. As for my point about Edmunds "withstanding" LOL, you conveniently leave out the standard. You say you trust other coaches judgment compared to mine, lol. I love the old "compare the coaches to the message board poster" technique in order to attempt to incite the masses and prove a point, but......your point is null. You prove nothing. I (the message board poster) am not the standard of comparison vs the coaches that have seen Edmunds and whether he can play college RB or not. The standard of the comparison is.....the numbers and all other 4 star RB commits out of High School across the country. Meaning....odds are...........a player recruited as a 4 or 5 star RB out of High School and evaluated EXACTLY as that (a running back) will likely to BETTER at RB in college compared to a 4 or 5 star LB eval and yes, Edmunds was evaluated by the recruiting services as a LB and I trust their judgement because the numbers say....they are correct more times than not.

    4. Final point is....and you know this but may choose to not admit it......we have an offensive recruiting problem and not a LB recruiting or talent problem, which is why Edmunds is not playing LB, but playing "patch work" or put into a position on the offensive side of the ball at RB (Edmunds was a 4 star LB Eval out of High School) yet we couldn't recruit a solid 4 or 5 star running back as evaluated by the recruiting services.

    5. My main point and the premise or main suggestion in which I started with my reply in this thread is......offensive recruiting problem the last 3 or 4 years has led to an offensive talent problem on the field and we are moving players from all over to help fix it, whether its a Tight End Eval out of High School at QB, or a LB and athlete trying to play RB, or a defensive recruit out of High School at TE. Again.....why? Because we have had trouble recruiting a TRUE QB eval out of High School, etc. P.S. You mention the OL and this is where you make one solid and meaningful and coherent point. What you fail to mention is......we also couldn't recruit in this area the last 3 or so years and now we are paying for it.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by VTizzle View Post
    but entertaining... ...

    Let's simplify this:

    1) Trey Edmunds and Joel Caleb are getting additional reps. Simple. Both are talented (right?), but raw (agreed?). Coaching and experience fix the whole "project" and "raw" part of those two players. Hence the whole "additional reps" being a good thing.

    2) If you follow Virginia Tech football and read/post on this board at all, then you know Joel Caleb just moved to RB. You also know there's a talented freak athlete in Trey Edmunds who looks like a promising RB, which was widely reported last year, which makes it old news today.

    3) Yes, VT will recruit talented RBs. This doesn't even deserve any more attention as this is truly common sense to not just posters on this board, but the majority of Virginia Tech fans.
    You are going personal, so I get it, you agree with me.

    1. Coaching and reps DO NOT fix the raw part of the equation with Edmunds and Caleb COMPARED TO what coaching and reps could do to fix the raw part of the equation with a true 4 or 5 star RB out of High School as evaluated by the recruiting services that we missed on. You agree? Whether you do or not, the numbers agree with my point.

    2. You second point is fluff and basically the same as your first point. See my response above to your second point. The point is......"why is Caleb just moving to RB." You kind of make my point for me. We have a talent problem when the athlete "who we all thought would be a WR because we couldn't recruit WR talent either" has now moved to RB in the month of August. LOL, my God, doesn't that tell you something? That tells me, we really are struggling talent wise.

    3. You end your post with a flat out lie. This shows your character or lack of it. You made the ignorant point that all VT fans on this board or as you described them "we" know that Caleb and Edmunds were recruited as athletes. Fact is....all fans do not know this, and more important, Edmunds was a LB recruit, not an athlete. You change up your post now to imply that "all fans" know we will continue to recruit RB's. In short......."ya lied" and got caught.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •