Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VTizzle View Post
    More reps for freshmen RBs 6'1" 216 Trey Edmunds and 6'2 205 Joel Caleb!
    Caleb is not ready to see the field at RB, he has never pass protected in his life I'd bet or taken handoffs from a QB. He's a great player but the position at this level requires a lot more than just intangibles. If JCC can't go for bama I bet we see a lot more Tony Gregory than anyone expected a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cwtcr hokie View Post
    yea, hopefully not a high ankle sprain, just your normal sprain.
    He did have an ankle injury his senior year that kept him out for awhile.I pray the best for him.He is one of the most excellent Hokies we will ever have.

Not thinking about Bama. Just can't wait to see Joel Caleb tote the rock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhesus1 View Post
    Joel Caleb is suspended for BAMA. Good luck Trey. I hope you are ready!
    ---

"In Bud We Trust."

Of course he's raw at RB, but it's MUCH easier transition than WR. RB is less complicated and I think is his best position. I think he'll be a great addition to our backfield.

Also, if we're depending on Tony Gregory vs Bama than we're in deep DEEP trouble. Rather see Jerome Wright

Quote Originally Posted by soflahokie View Post
    Caleb is not ready to see the field at RB, he has never pass protected in his life I'd bet or taken handoffs from a QB. He's a great player but the position at this level requires a lot more than just intangibles. If JCC can't go for bama I bet we see a lot more Tony Gregory than anyone expected a week ago.
    ---

"In Bud We Trust."

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbag_Hokie View Post
    Just read that on Bleacher Report.
    I thought "Bleacher Report" was a banned word on here; if not perhaps it should be! - their info is about as reliable as the weather forecast.

Of course! Even easier for a 1,100+ rushing former wildcat Qb turned Tb. Caleb will be fine; given time/reps.

Maybe even damn good.
    As a softie he just ain't.

Total Eye of the Tiger kinda guy.
    You can see it up close.

late-
    b-st.

Of course he's raw at RB, but it's MUCH easier transition than WR. RB is less complicated and I think is his best position. I think he'll be a great addition to our backfield.

Also, if we're depending on Tony Gregory vs Bama than we're in deep DEEP trouble. Rather see Jerome Wright

'не говорите хороший бой

Caleb and Edmunds at RB speaks to our offensive talent worries

More reps for freshmen RBs 6'1" 216 Trey Edmunds and 6'2 205 Joel Caleb!
    Bringing common sense back into the equation, it's important to realize that Caleb was recruited as an athlete and we thought he would likely be a WR or DB. Edmunds was recruited by most teams as a linebacker. We are so depleted on the offensive side of the football that we are "patch-working" what are likely defensive players or "athletes" into the running back spot. We've seen this scenario with our wide receivers recently. In conclusion, we are going to be 4-5 years (at least one recruiting cycle) before we can truly measure the effectiveness of the new offensive coaches with talent on the offensive side of the ball that and it will take this long before the offensive talent across the board (all 11 players) are considered "good or very good." Right now, it's considered above average and above average means.....120 or so teams in FBS which means average is somewhere around 50th to 70th best. That means, above average is 30th to 50th best. We are "above average" in offensive talent and fall right in to that category. Our Offensive recruiting classes that last 4 year HAVE NOT broke the top 30. Overall recruiting classes and defensive recruiting classes certainly have, but on the offensive side of the ball, we are simply an "above average" offensively talented team.
    Last edited by vtdavis4321; Thu Aug 15 2013 at 03:12 PM.

What's your point? Trey and Joel are getting additional reps. That's the only common sense here. We all know their background as athletes. The more reps, the more experience, the more practice, the more coaching at the running back position the less worries there should be. VT will recruit new RB talent in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by vtdavis4321 View Post
    Bringing common sense back into the equation, it's important to realize that Caleb was recruited as an athlete and we thought he would likely be a WR or DB. Edmunds was recruited by most teams as a linebacker. We are so depleted on the offensive side of the football that we are "patch-working" what are likely defensive players or "athletes" into the running back spot. We've seen this scenario with our wide receivers recently. In conclusion, we are going to be 4-5 years (at least one recruiting cycle) before we can truly measure the effectiveness of the new offensive coaches with talent on the offensive side of the ball that is considered "very good." Right now, it's considered above average and above average means.....120 or so teams in FBS which means average is somewhere around 50th to 70th best. That means, above average is 30th to 50th best. We are "above average" in offensive talent and fall right in to that category. Our Offensive recruiting classes that last 4 year HAVE NOT broke the top 30. Overall recruiting classes and defensive recruiting classes certainly have, but on the offensive side of the ball, we are simply an "above average" offensively talented team.
    ---

"In Bud We Trust."

Bingo! I see RB as a perfect fit for Caleb on this team. If there was a 2nd favorite spot, I'd say move him to Rover or Free Safety (but that's another topic).

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonstreet View Post
    Of course! Even easier for a 1,100+ rushing former wildcat Qb turned Tb. Caleb will be fine; given time/reps.

Maybe even damn good.
    As a softie he just ain't.

Total Eye of the Tiger kinda guy.
    You can see it up close.

late-
    b-st.
    Last edited by VTizzle; Thu Aug 15 2013 at 03:20 PM.
    ---

"In Bud We Trust."

What's your point? Trey and Joel are getting additional reps. That's the only common sense here. We all know their background as athletes. The more reps, the more experience, the more practice, the more coaching at the running back position the less worries there should be. VT will recruit new RB talent in the near future.
    The point is clear and you should have enough brain power to get it.

Point 1. Our offensive talent is lacking and the fact that they are even GETTING reps as 2nd or 3rd RB speaks to the talent situation on the offensive side of the ball. It also speaks to our offensive recruiting woes the last 3 or 4 years.

Point 2. Actually, "we all" don't know their backgrounds as athletes. Therefore, caution when you use the term "we". Who the he** are you? Are you board rep or do you speak for the board or represent the "we" of the board, lol. I think the board picked a sorry IQ type if "they" did. The fact is.....you are wrong and "everyone or we" on the board actually DOES NOT know their background as athletes.

Point 3. You write, "VT will recruit new RB talent in the future." LOL, my God man, did you come up with that all on your own? Do you promise? Do you promise VT will recruit more RB talent in the future? LOL. OF COURSE VT will recruit, has recruited, and will continue to recruit more RB talent in the future along with every other position in the game of football, lol. The point is.....we haven't done so well at recruited talent on the offensive side of the ball the last 4 years. I also think you got that point very clear and understood with my first post.