Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I find it interesting that whenever the Big 12 social media begins...

to get uncomfortable with their status in the world their social media and twitter-verse talking heads begin to spew off rumors to see if something may eventually stick to improve their position. It has gotten to the point where whenever the Dude of WV or Orangebloods or someone gets loose that I begin to compare them to Amy Schumer and Ralphie May.

Folks...when I see VT to the Big 10, I just have to laugh. Right now I think the only way that Tech leaves the ACC in this era of GOR would be with considerable financial input from Middle Eastern oil money. Right now, I think those are the only pockets deep enough to facilitate such a move. So unless the owner of Manchester City or Paris Saint-Germain get involved in college sports...that move is not happening.

Totally agree. One internet post from someone nobody knows and things have gone to hell in a hand basket.

Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post
    to get uncomfortable with their status in the world their social media and twitter-verse talking heads begin to spew off rumors to see if something may eventually stick to improve their position. It has gotten to the point where whenever the Dude of WV or Orangebloods or someone gets loose that I begin to compare them to Amy Schumer and Ralphie May.

Folks...when I see VT to the Big 10, I just have to laugh. Right now I think the only way that Tech leaves the ACC in this era of GOR would be with considerable financial input from Middle Eastern oil money. Right now, I think those are the only pockets deep enough to facilitate such a move. So unless the owner of Manchester City or Paris Saint-Germain get involved in college sports...that move is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by jboyhokie View Post
    Totally agree. One internet post from someone nobody knows and things have gone to hell in a hand basket.
    But......it was on the internet. So......it has to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by jboyhokie View Post
    The point of this board is to bat around ideas and pass along info. If you don't want to do that you shouldn't come here. Conference expansion has no discussion without conjecture and good old fashioned guesses.

I think this is why TSL has suffered. 10 years ago it was ok to share information without all the harsh critique. It's like everyone thinks they are debating politics on Fox News.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post

Well and maybe even more to the point, it seems like every time the Big 12 social media mafia start throwing stuff around like this it's right before the ACC makes a move to strengthen themselves. Maybe they're getting worried about Texas making a jump.

The thing that is so amusing seeing the WVU flip out and call everyone trolls or haters for even saying it. When it was that board who played lead troll all of last year. The thing that they will learn is that Texas is king of the conference and they determine if it lives or dies. I still can't believe they took the Mountaineers over Louisville. Now I believe Texas is fat and happy. But that can shift real quick if A&M starts to pull a lot of support from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by goldendomer View Post
    The thing that is so amusing seeing the WVU flip out and call everyone trolls or haters for even saying it. When it was that board who played lead troll all of last year. The thing that they will learn is that Texas is king of the conference and they determine if it lives or dies. I still can't believe they took the Mountaineers over Louisville. Now I believe Texas is fat and happy. But that can shift real quick if A&M starts to pull a lot of support from Texas.
    If somebody can explain why they picked WVU over Louisville, I will be happy to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    If somebody can explain why they picked WVU over Louisville, I will be happy to read it.
    2 things. 1) WVU has been much better at fball. 2) Oliver Luck. He was apparently very aggressive when shopping WVU around to the conferences.

And WRT number one. One victory over an unenthusiastic Florida team doesn't make Louisville a football power. WVU has a much better program despite the one good season and good game that Louisville just had.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Football is very important in the BIG 12. We've traditionally been very good at it, and will be in the future. Also, Mitch McConnell looks like a Septuagenarian Mutant Turtle...happy now?

People ignore the fact that Louisville lost to UConn and Syracuse last year. They had a good year - better than us for sure - but they aren't some power now. WVU has accomplished much more in football which is the focus of conference expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    2 things. 1) WVU has been much better at fball. 2) Oliver Luck. He was apparently very aggressive when shopping WVU around to the conferences.

And WRT number one. One victory over an unenthusiastic Florida team doesn't make Louisville a football power. WVU has a much better program despite the one good season and good game that Louisville just had.