Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: VT to Big10

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post
    Just heard this from a big time Clemson booster. Not saying its true, but that is the buzz in SC. He said CU, FSU both will receive more $ in new ACC and VT is not happy. He said UCONN will replace us. Wasn't too upset about it. He also believes Vandy will be #16.

Don't shoot the messenger, likely not true but thought I'd pass it along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    How could we afford the $50M price tag for leaving? Zippy chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbler-100 View Post
    Exactly. Isn't the GOR in effect now too? Also, last I heard we weren't very high on the B1G list.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    Well maybe the goldendomers themselves should join the football ACC to do their part to stabilize the conference.
    If it was on edge of collapse we may just do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobbler-100 View Post
    The B1G has supposedly suggested it would help w/ those fees if need be. When you're talking about an extra $10-$15 million/yr, the $50 million seems to be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post
    Just heard this from a big time Clemson booster. Not saying its true, but that is the buzz in SC. He said CU, FSU both will receive more $ in new ACC and VT is not happy. He said UCONN will replace us. Wasn't too upset about it. He also believes Vandy will be #16.

Don't shoot the messenger, likely not true but thought I'd pass it along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    It does seem odd that they're taking so long to release any sort of details about the new TV deal. The whole network thing appears to be years off, so that shouldn't be any reason to not announce what's going on. It is almost like they're indeed hiding something. Really. I could TOTALLY see FSU demanding, AND receiving, a larger piece of the pie. The ACC has certainly granted all of their other wishes lately. And Clemson was always going to be the FSU tag along if anything had went down. Anyhow, if it was the only way to keep the ACC together, then Greensboro might have actually agreed to something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    It does seem odd that they're taking so long to release any sort of details about the new TV deal. The whole network thing appears to be years off, so that shouldn't be any reason to not announce what's going on. It is almost like they're indeed hiding something. Really. I could TOTALLY see FSU demanding, AND receiving, a larger piece of the pie. The ACC has certainly granted all of their other wishes lately. And Clemson was always going to be the FSU tag along if anything had went down. Anyhow, if it was the only way to keep the ACC together, then Greensboro might have actually agreed to something like this.
    And to be clear, Vandy would be #16 in the B1G w/ VT? I've heard VAndy has been considered by them for a while. This could be great for VT, we would be in the same division as OSU and PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Thing is, no one knows how much money exactly each school is getting.
    Then the question becomes why would CU and FSU get the most, what makes them more special than the rest of the league?
    It's been stated they DEMANDED Louisville be the next member. And they got their wishes obviously. I believe that too, considering the usual ACC snobs have always made it a point to turn up their noses toward such schools when expansion has been considered.

So that would put us in a pod with
    Maryland, Penn State, Rutgers, Vandy?
    Barf

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    OH! That reliable source! I should have known.
    I happen to think these types of sources can often be correct. I personally know some VT people that pretty much know everything that's going on in these departments, and I would never doubt what they told me. I haven't had the nerve to straight up ask them about these things, but I can promise you they know.

Quote Originally Posted by goldendomer View Post
    If it was on edge of collapse we may just do that.
    Before I reply to this post, let me explain where I come from. Went to Catholic grade school for 8 years with Irish nuns as teachers, went to Catholic hi school all 4 years. Was a huge ND football fan, ND even had a Sunday replay of their game and I was glued to the tube. So don't take this lightly when I say -

ND won't do any thing to save any body, any team, or any conference, any time. Maybe when pigs fly, but not one second sooner.