Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: VT to Big10

Nothing is going to be done until new president.

VT is in transition right now. Our president is in transition, and will not be making a major decisions and will defer until the new president is hired. The new president will take time to under the University, its strategic plan, financial posture, and programs. ALso, in 2015, the AD has cited that he plans to retire. therefore the new President will select a working group to recommend nominee(s) for the new AD. Then, I would expect the next decision would be by the end of the decade, new hire for football coach, (and maybe new basketball coach)...

VT is pretty much happy with the ACC, and appears any re-distribution of revenue sharing is NOT the big east model, but rather covering all expenses for all conference bowl participants to assure no one comes out in the red. thats fair...VT big thing is collaboration with the membership, true team members, no back room cliques.. and build the ACC version of he research consortium....Also there is good comments from STEECH, that really helps build the ACC brand.

However, in VT strategic plan, a big goal is achievement of AAU status; we expect our partners in the ACC to help sponsor us. If we get it, well we can find new friends and when the GOR agreement is up in 2026 timeframe, we can posture ourselves to take advantage of opportunities.

For joe fan, who thinks tactically, its black or white; and day to day transactions, its simply yes or no answers. However, VT being a billion dollar plus institution is managing it as an enterprise, and hopefully we have leadership that can play the chess pieces very well. IF by 2026, VT may be a 40,000 plus institution with double research than it is doing right now, with vibrant campuses in hampton Roads and Northern Va. The portfolio will be a tremendous opportunity for any conference.

Quote Originally Posted by HortHokie View Post
    Well, I for 1 am sure VT will not be bolting conferences prior to the hiring of a new University President... just seems like the kind of thing that his/her input would be needed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    B10 doesn't want Vandy. Vandy is only like one other school in the B10, Northwestern. B10 doesn't want another Northwestern in the conference.
    I'm not so sure. That Vandy stuff has come up a few times. GT, UVA, and UNC aren't exacly B1G "type" schools. Yes, they are public, but they remain quite different than ms to f the B1G. I just get the impression that they want to move southward BIGTIME and Vanderbilt might be one of the only schools that would consider it, after the rejection by the ACC schools. Vandy has ALWAYS expressed a bit of discomfort about being in the SEC. And from the B1G's perspective, Vandy is a GREAT school, it IS AAU, it's in a new state and decent sized city, it's geographically close, and it's a move into the south.

Vandy isn't going to leave the SEC, so I'd say these rumors are safe to discount. There's zero buzz in Nashville about a Vandy move, because they're a founding member of the SEC.

Laughable! Vandy leave the Promised Land to go play with Yankee Doodles? Ha! What is this board....Comedy Central or something???

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseevol View Post
    Laughable! Vandy leave the Promised Land to go play with Yankee Doodles? Ha! What is this board....Comedy Central or something???
    I see you stumbled onto the Fossil Boards this morning. Damn shame you had to see that. Need to get the SiteDev to switch those buttons on the nav ribbon or something. People who have never been to the site need to be directed to the bulletin boards first, and not the chat boards.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

was this clemson booster a former qb who got blindsided a few too many times by lorenzo ferguson a few years ago?
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    I see you stumbled onto the Fossil Boards this morning. Damn shame you had to see that. Need to get the SiteDev to switch those buttons on the nav ribbon or something. People who have never been to the site need to be directed to the bulletin boards first, and not the chat boards.
    Yes, thanks for directing me to this board. I have seen several from the SEC that visited here and ended up on the chat board never to come back. They would have enjoyed this particular board. By the way, you guys would make a great addition to the SEC if we ever expand again. You gave Bama fits for a while. I had to root for the Crimson Tide but had a little bit of a soft spot in my heart for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post
    Just heard this from a big time Clemson booster. Not saying its true, but that is the buzz in SC. He said CU, FSU both will receive more $ in new ACC and VT is not happy. He said UCONN will replace us. Wasn't too upset about it. He also believes Vandy will be #16.

Don't shoot the messenger, likely not true but thought I'd pass it along.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Doesn't add up geography wise for me.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    Any indication from the Clemson booster where he got this info?
    From ganja.
    Dump the Free Boards!