Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    June 05, 2003
    Posts
    273

    Boy Tulane has some whiney neighbors

    I think it is exciting to see Tulane restore an on-campus football stadium. It's only for 6-7 days out of the year that these neighbors have to be inconvenienced. Some people don't need much of an excuse to complain.

    Since we've discussed Tulane a little bit here, I thought some of you might be interested in their on-campus stadium project.

    http://www.wwltv.com/news/Yulman-Sta...218040331.html

  2. #2
    Senior Member Culpeper Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    Glen Allen, VA (far western Henrico County)
    Posts
    19,720
    Sounds like those folks over around University of Richmond's new on-campus stadium. Much whining and wringing of hands for something that would only happen 5 days in an entire year. And that stadium only seats 8,000. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.

    Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    I think it is exciting to see Tulane restore an on-campus football stadium. It's only for 6-7 days out of the year that these neighbors have to be inconvenienced. Some people don't need much of an excuse to complain.

    Since we've discussed Tulane a little bit here, I thought some of you might be interested in their on-campus stadium project.

    http://www.wwltv.com/news/Yulman-Sta...218040331.html
    “Compassion is not weakness, and concern for the unfortunate is not socialism.” ― Hubert H. Humphrey

  3. #3
    Will Stewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 1999
    Location
    Radford, VA
    Posts
    42,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper Hokie View Post
    Sounds like those folks over around University of Richmond's new on-campus stadium. Much whining and wringing of hands for something that would only happen 5 days in an entire year. And that stadium only seats 8,000. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.
    I used to work for a guy that owns a house on Southgate Drive, very close to the Lane Stadium lots (really close to Lot #3). He said when he bought his house (many years ago) that it was considered a negative to be that close to the stadium.

    These days, he rents about 55 spots in his yard at about $200 a year. Do the math.

    It's all in whether you're a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty type.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Blacksburg
    Posts
    4,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    I used to work for a guy that owns a house on Southgate Drive, very close to the Lane Stadium lots (really close to Lot #3). He said when he bought his house (many years ago) that it was considered a negative to be that close to the stadium.

    These days, he rents about 55 spots in his yard at about $200 a year. Do the math.

    It's all in whether you're a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty type.
    I would love to own one of those houses.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    April 10, 2003
    Posts
    6,618
    it is a city full of whiners...actually a state full of whiners. ought to be called the owe-me state.

    but to be fair, in this case they are bitching about the annoyance of the construction, not the stadium

  6. #6
    Or the folks on Chestnut Hill in Boston.

    Those people pretty much hate football also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper Hokie View Post
    Sounds like those folks over around University of Richmond's new on-campus stadium. Much whining and wringing of hands for something that would only happen 5 days in an entire year. And that stadium only seats 8,000. Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    Or the folks on Chestnut Hill in Boston.

    Those people pretty much hate football also.
    They are really bad. Do they still make you park in some lot miles from the stadium and bus you over in the big yellow school buses?
    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan

  8. #8
    hokiebob01's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 01, 2001
    Location
    Mint Hill, NC
    Posts
    14,525
    Where would you suggest they let you park? They are in an urban neighborhood. There is nowhere for ball game fans to park. It is not like the VT Campus with acres and acres of available space.

    At the suggestion of a friend from Boston, we rode the BMT Train to and from and didn't worry about it. Worked like a champ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortazhokie View Post
    They are really bad. Do they still make you park in some lot miles from the stadium and bus you over in the big yellow school buses?
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    November 21, 2008
    Posts
    5,086
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    Where would you suggest they let you park? They are in an urban neighborhood. There is nowhere for ball game fans to park. It is not like the VT Campus with acres and acres of available space.

    At the suggestion of a friend from Boston, we rode the BMT Train to and from and didn't worry about it. Worked like a champ.
    Yeah, they use their baseball field to tailgate. That should tell you all you need to know.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    December 28, 1999
    Posts
    7,959
    I would hope the ACC isn't considering Tulane. I go to New Orleans often for work. You can easily visit and not know Tulane is there. LSU owns New Orleans.

    Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    I think it is exciting to see Tulane restore an on-campus football stadium. It's only for 6-7 days out of the year that these neighbors have to be inconvenienced. Some people don't need much of an excuse to complain.

    Since we've discussed Tulane a little bit here, I thought some of you might be interested in their on-campus stadium project.

    http://www.wwltv.com/news/Yulman-Sta...218040331.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •