Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

More big OOC games coming! That's cause if you win your 4-5 team divsion you are in!

Wisconsin pushed back, but another big one coming. You guys still doubting me on where college football is going?

Not trying to boast here...just trying to tell you with 83, Cobb, Hoo86 etc. you guys are getting stuff before it happens and why it happens more than any other board out there.

Thank Will and Chris and TSL for running a good enough board that some in the know like to hang out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Wisconsin pushed back, but another big one coming. You guys still doubting me on where college football is going?

Not trying to boast here...just trying to tell you with 83, Cobb, Hoo86 etc. you guys are getting stuff before it happens and why it happens more than any other board out there.

Thank Will and Chris and TSL for running a good enough board that some in the know like to hang out here.
    So this is what I got from all this:

ACC adds 5/6 teams depending on ND

Best options are in the B12 but their GOR is in the way so it may be 10 yrs out.

ACC will be at 20 with 4, 5 team divisions. Division winners play in final 4 to decide ACC champ

ACC will have a network once the logistics play out. SEC will provide the model.

What did I miss on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ACC and the other Big 4 will go to 20 IMHO.

ND will be one of the teams to ACC football...when it is the only way they can get to the top tier National Football Championship. It will evenutally be the only way.

I see Texas and Oklahoma to the ACC...GOR's in the Big 12 will fall apart with enough teams getting invitations to one of the more stable Big 4.

Other possible teams: Navy, Army, Tulane, UConn, Texas Tech, Cincy...maybe more if Navy and Army don't want to come. I do think we get to 20 to get enough politicians to support it.

What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post

Best options are in the B12 but their GOR is in the way so it may be 10 yrs out.

ACC will be at 20 with 4, 5 team divisions. Division winners play in final 4 to decide ACC champ

ACC will have a network once the logistics play out. SEC will provide the model.

What did I miss on?

If OU and tu go to the ACC, why would the other conferences bother going to 20? I've asked this question on this board before and have yet to get an adequate answer. If the ACC takes the two gems of the B12 and get ND, what teams would PAC/B1G/&SEC take to get to 20. I just don't think it will happen this way, but I'm open to your supposition.

ND will be one of the teams to ACC football...when it is the only way they can get to the top tier National Football Championship. It will evenutally be the only way.

I see Texas and Oklahoma to the ACC...GOR's in the Big 12 will fall apart with enough teams getting invitations to one of the more stable Big 4.

Other possible teams: Navy, Army, Tulane, UConn, Texas Tech, Cincy...maybe more if Navy and Army don't want to come. I do think we get to 20 to get enough politicians to support it.

What did I miss?

What did I miss?
    I have a hard time seeing UT and OU leaving Baylor and OSU behind.

What kind of timeline are we looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    If OU and tu go to the ACC, why would the other conferences bother going to 20? I've asked this question on this board before and have yet to get an adequate answer. If the ACC takes the two gems of the B12 and get ND, what teams would PAC/B1G/&SEC take to get to 20. I just don't think it will happen this way, but I'm open to your supposition.
    i have wondered the same thing. i don't think there is any magic number...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

If conferences go mega (20 plus teams), I could see 3 rather than 4 major conferences with the ACC and B12 both getting dissolved. Ideally, most if not all of the B12 would join the Pac12. And the SEC and B1G would split the desirable teams from the ACC. For the tourney: 3 conference champs, one at-large. ND can stay independent.

I'm just not as bullish on the ACC as many on this board. I don't put them on equal footing as the three major conferences. Most people know it even if they don't want to admit it. That's why there is so much handwringing about ND and Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    i have wondered the same thing. i don't think there is any magic number...

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusHokie View Post

What did I miss on?

So were talking 10 years out?
    I still don't see a compelling enough reason for us to join in full yet.
    IF we join the ACC then hell all bets are off. We will try to attract the best of the best .
    Seriously though I have heard nothing about this except from this very board. So if you're right that is quite amazing. I just don't see it
    Last edited by goldendomer; Sat Aug 10 2013 at 12:23 AM.

What did I miss?
    If the ACC decides to go to 20 teams, which has not been decided, I still thing we need to wrap up the East. I agree with the discussion about moves into Texas and adding Tulane, etc. Oklahoma is good too.

What I want is for the ACC to make sure that they get the distribution of the ACC Channel or network. Smarter people than me are working on it.

Here is an interesting announcement to ponder. The ACC will now be televising 101 Olympic Sports games on ESPN and RSN outlets this fall. Here is the link:

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detail...8-08-13_48z3eu

The ACC will have coverage everywhere on the East Coast except in Connecticut and the Mid-Atlantic/Philly. I just noticed Fox Sports Indiana has signed up. That's strange to me, but it's motivated by Notre Dame Basketball. The important paragraph in this is the following:

"An additional 15 games will be broadcast on the league’s regional sports networks (RSN), which include FOX Sports Carolinas, FOX Sports South, FOX Sports Florida, FOX Sports Indiana, Sun Sports, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, NESN, YES, ROOT SPORTS, and MSG."

The ACC is missing 2 major Regional Sports Nets on the East Coast that have not decided to carry the Raycom package. 1) SNY (the network of the NY Mets, Rangers, and Jets), 2) Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia. We have coverage on all the NY Yankees stuff.

UConn will deliver SNY. Take a look. http://web.sny.tv/uconnhuskies/ Believe it or not, but that Women's Basketball Team has fans.

Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia can be delivered with either Penn State or Temple. Keep this in mind when discussing an ACC Channel. The ACC Network will experience distribution issues similar to what Raycom is experiencing in different markets in the east.

The Big Ten Conference has messed with the ACC in the Mid-Atlantic. We'll still get on Comcast Sports Net Mid-Atlantic because it covers Washington Redskins, and UVA and VT will get coverage on it. The question is whether we want Philadelphia. I have read that even though NY and Philly are not college sports towns, NY is #1 college football market in size and Philly is #7. Washington/Baltimore is not in the top ten.

I love all the talk about Texas, but the ACC cannot ignore this issue in the east if it plans to continue with the strategy it was pursuing despite Dr. Gordon Gee's blocking strategy. We can beat the Big Ten.
    Last edited by HOO86; Sat Aug 10 2013 at 03:40 AM.

What did I miss?
    You REALLY think UT and Okl would come w/out anyother teams within 1000 miles? And as somebody else pointed out, Okl st will not be left behind by the Sooners. The only way that happens is if Okl St. is picked up by the SEC, which may struggle looking for additional members to get to 20.