Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEA 05 View Post
Distribution is not so much the challenge. There are only a few places like Philly where there is worry about distribution. I actually think Lax gets it into Philly. Big time lax area and the ACC is the only conference that is a power.

The issue right now is getting rights back from raycom or figuring out how they help produce it. It's a cluster f that Swofford created. He is working hard to fix it though. I think the ACCN is still 18-24 months away from being announced and probably 36 away from launching. I might be a little long on my projection. Some people I know think its a go by next football season.
Lacrosse will have NO influence on the question of carriage in Philly or anywhere else. Sorry, the only place in the contract that the word lacrosse will appear is between "kickball" and "log rolling" in the alphabetical list of non-revenue sports. No offense. I know LAX has some importance to many fans, but can we all just concede that FOOTBALL is where carriage and money will come from.
The sidebar in the Observer article may be instructive. Seldom is the BB revenue displayed separately. But here we see that the B1G gets $72 million for 6 years of Tier 1 BB. Compare that to the other contracts (which, I acknowledge, also include some hoops).

Big Ten 10 years/$1 billion 2016-17 ESPN/ABC
Big Ten 6 years/$72 million (basketball only) 2016-17 CBS Sports Network
Big Ten 25 years/$2.8 billion 2031-32 Big Ten Network

Too many ACC fans, especially Tobacco Road, seem to have a blind and deaf spot regarding FOOTBALL.

FAMILIAR DIALOGUE AROUND TOBACCO ROAD:

Casual observer, "In college athletics, football is the big-money sport"
Typical T. Rd. fan, "Yeah but the ACC has 100X better basketball than anybody else."
Casual observer, "Still, football is the big-money sport"
Typical T. Rd. fan, "Yeah but the ACC has incredible Olympic sports, the best."
Casual observer, "True but, football is the big-money sport"
Typical T. Rd. fan, "Yeah but the ACC has great LAX. It's the up-and-coming sport."
Casual observer, "Don't you get it? Football is the big-money sport"
Typical T. Rd. fan, "Yeah but the ACC has those iconic basketball coaches, tons of 'em."
Casual observer, "Think about it! Football is the big-money sport"
Typical T. Rd. fan, "Yeah but what about academics, ACC has awesome academics."
Casual observer, "Well, okay. Will I see you at Wallace Wade Saturday?"
Typical T. Rd. fan, "What? Where? Walls... is that like Starbucks?"

We must accept that football is where money will be made. Please don't say "Yeah, But..."