Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 44 of 44
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by reestuart View Post
    UF never plays other BCS schools. It seems UGA's OOC has gone toward the west or Clemson in recent years. Otherwise, they've pretty much not played anyone in 30 or so years.
    Since 1991 against Syracuse, the last time Florida played a BCS school out of the state, Florida has played the following BCS schools in addition to its annual game against FSU:

    Miami - 2002 (home), 2003 (away), 2008 (home), 2013 (away)
    South Florida - 2010 (home)

    Now you may not be a fan of either school and they may be great (at the time the game was played), but technically UF has played 5 OOC games against another BCS school.
    Last edited by VTHokie2000; Mon Jul 29 2013 at 08:36 PM.

  2. #42
    reestuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    roanoke, va
    Posts
    59,456
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Since 1991 against Syracuse, the last time Florida played a BCS school out of the state, Florida has played the following BCS schools in addition to its annual game against FSU:

    Miami - 2002 (home), 2003 (away), 2008 (home), 2013 (away)
    South Florida - 2010 (home)

    Now you may not be a fan of either school and they may be great (at the time the game was played), but technically UF has played 5 OOC games against another BCS school.
    Sorry, I meant out of state. I knew they played Miami. They play there again this season. After that, their toughest OOC game not named FSU is probably Toledo in the next 3-4 years.
    "Knowledge is good"

    --Emil Faber, 1904

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by reestuart View Post
    Sorry, I meant out of state. I knew they played Miami. They play there again this season. After that, their toughest OOC game not named FSU is probably Toledo in the next 3-4 years.
    Assuming this link http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...ida_future.htm regarding Florida's future schedule through 2016 is accurate, then I agree with you. Although it appears that Florida does have 1 open slot for 2015 and 2016 season (assuming the SEC does not switch to a 9 game conference schedule). If that is the case, then Florida does have the potential to fill those spots with a home opponent that may be stronger (perceptually speaking) than Toledo. For example, there could be a quality AAU (i.e. Cincy) or Conference USA (i.e. So. Miss) that may agree to play 1 game at Gator Stadium.

    I guess it is even possible that Florida could agree to play in either the CFA Kickoff Classic or the Cowboy Stadium Kickoff Classic even though I do not believe Florida ever participated in the Kickoff Classic, Pigskin Classic, Eddie Robinson Football Classic, Hispanic Scholarship Fund Football Classic, or the Black Coaches Association Football Classic when they were in existance. Since the Labor Day Weekend neutral site games are starting to gain popularity, I would not be surprised if other cities (i.e. Miami, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans, etc.) did not try to get in on the action too.

    If VT had an opportunity to play Florida in a new Labor Day weekend neutral site game and the game was being played in either Jacksonville or Miami, then would you be in favor or against VT accepting the invitation?

  4. #44
    reestuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Location
    roanoke, va
    Posts
    59,456
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    Assuming this link http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/f...ida_future.htm regarding Florida's future schedule through 2016 is accurate, then I agree with you. Although it appears that Florida does have 1 open slot for 2015 and 2016 season (assuming the SEC does not switch to a 9 game conference schedule). If that is the case, then Florida does have the potential to fill those spots with a home opponent that may be stronger (perceptually speaking) than Toledo. For example, there could be a quality AAU (i.e. Cincy) or Conference USA (i.e. So. Miss) that may agree to play 1 game at Gator Stadium.

    I guess it is even possible that Florida could agree to play in either the CFA Kickoff Classic or the Cowboy Stadium Kickoff Classic even though I do not believe Florida ever participated in the Kickoff Classic, Pigskin Classic, Eddie Robinson Football Classic, Hispanic Scholarship Fund Football Classic, or the Black Coaches Association Football Classic when they were in existance. Since the Labor Day Weekend neutral site games are starting to gain popularity, I would not be surprised if other cities (i.e. Miami, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans, etc.) did not try to get in on the action too.

    If VT had an opportunity to play Florida in a new Labor Day weekend neutral site game and the game was being played in either Jacksonville or Miami, then would you be in favor or against VT accepting the invitation?
    I'd definitely be for it. I could see them playing in one if they start one up in the state Florida.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    "Knowledge is good"

    --Emil Faber, 1904

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •