Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    A colleague, who is a Tennessee grad, once told me that Tennessee is forced to basically recruit nationally since the in-state talent is not as fertile as other states. The program sees playing nationally and recruiting nationally as mutually beneficial to each other.
    Yep. There's next to nothing coming out of Tennessee. It makes sense for them to travel to the schools I mentioned rather than to VT. No reason for them to play at VT since they're already in the neighborhood. I wish they would, but I do get it.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Quote Originally Posted by reestuart View Post
    Yep. There's next to nothing coming out of Tennessee. It makes sense for them to travel to the schools I mentioned rather than to VT. No reason for them to play at VT since they're already in the neighborhood. I wish they would, but I do get it.
    And I think losses to VT would severely damage their ability to out recruit us. There's nothing in it for them to help us out by playing us. That's why I'm miffed VT and PSU are helping WVU out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    And I think losses to VT would severely damage their ability to out recruit us. There's nothing in it for them to help us out by playing us. That's why I'm miffed VT and PSU are helping WVU out this way.
    Yeah, I agree that playing us can only hurt UT.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Win your division and you are in the playoff will allow better OOC contest during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by benthokie View Post
    Agree with hokieball...A&M or LSU. Has VT ever had talks with the Gators?

Quote Originally Posted by benthokie View Post
    Agree with hokieball...A&M or LSU. Has VT ever had talks with the Gators?
    Tech has played every SEC football team except Arkansas, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Missouri since the 1980's. I'd like to play Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...nd-home-series

I'm just going to let this breathe...
    Nice but we got Ohio State and Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Nice but we got Ohio State and Michigan.
    Michigan?? Western Michigan doesn't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Win your division and you are in the playoff will allow better OOC contest during the regular season.
    If Pete Thamels article is right and the new division will have 150 teams (including some non football schools like The Big East and MVC) how would this work? To me it appears at a minimum 7 conferences would want the bump (MWC and American with the Power 5). I love the idea of 4 conferences split into 4 divisions with conference semis and finals before national semis and finals creating a 16 team tournament but can only see it happening if the cutoff is the power 5 and the Big12 is absorbed by the other 4 leagues.

I believe politics may screw this playoff because the likes of the MWC and American will throw a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I'd like to see Jim Weaver get a home-and-home with Penn State. He's been trying since he became Tech's AD.
    Weavers already retired, he just hasn't left.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    Yep. W/ VT, PSU, and the Big12 on the schedule, WVU is gonna make some noise. They will sell out stadiums AND be fairly compelling to recruits. Without some of the closer big time programs agreeing to play them, they would have really struggled IMO. Anyhow, VT and PSU would have both been better served by playing eachother to bolster their strenght of schedule and allowing WVU to fall off the big time cfball map.
    We're doomed.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.