Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

+1,000

Over the last 30 years (since 1983)...

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Football National Championships FSU, Miami, Clemson, GT, Pitt...not the SEC, but not bad compared to the other conferences. I now the ACC has had a less than average 10 years, but these things can change with the right coaching. FSU, MIami and Clemson all seem to have much better coaches now...we all know their classes have been rated with the top SEC teams.

Oh yea remember that Louisville Florida game at the Sugar Bowl?
    Titles by Conference in current configuration: SEC(11), ACC(8), B1G(6), PAC(4*), B12(3), ND(1), BYU(1). There are 34 teams with National titles over the past 30 years since 1990, 1991, 1997 and 2003 had shared National Titles between 2 schools. * - notes that USC was stripped of their 2004 Title giving the PAC only 3 titles over the past 30 years.

Titles by Conference at the time teams were current members: SEC(11), Big 8(4), Miami(4), B12(3), ACC(3), PAC(3*), B1G(2), Penn State(1), Big East(1), WAC(1), Notre Dame(1). * - notes that USC was stripped of their 2004 Title giving the PAC only 2 titles over the past 30 years.

The SEC only had 3 titles from 1983 to 2002 and accumulated the other 8 titles over the past 10 years. The SEC also has won 9 of the 15 BCS bowls versus 2 for the Big XII, 2 for the PAC (zero technically), 2 for the ACC (1 of those actually a Big East MNC) and 1 for the B1G.

Conference winning percentages in non MNC BCS and Alliance Bowl games may tell a different story for the ACC, especially in the last 10+ years.

And it's no secret that the ACC is likely the worse BCS conference over the past 10+ years. The B1G is only an Ohio State away from being worse than the ACC. But in reality, the SEC is making every conference look bad when you go by the numbers. Not that I have ever been a big fan of the BCS format, but I wonder how many more championships the SEC would have if the BCS started in 1983?
    Last edited by Calamitous; Tue Jul 30 2013 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 133645Hokie View Post
    I just love the fact that, only 12 months after desperate calls for Virginia Tech to move to the SEC "before it's too late", we now see that the ACC is well-positioned for the future. And will be there when (and/or) if the music stops playing. We love the ACC.

Hokie fans can be so fickle sometimes...
    I haven't changed my mind one bit...I would MUCH rather be in the ACC ...felt that way all along (even before we got in ACC)....I accept the fact that we are stuck here for life, but it isn't my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by seekoHoG View Post
    You nailed it. I will always be a Hokie, but I am not an ACC fan. It has lost all of it's old identity and it's new one does not appeal to me at all.
    Ditto!