Talking about money for the conferences TV et. al.

Just read an article about facebook and their new advertising strategy which is supposed to put the fear of god in the TV/cable businesses. Reach more people daily and gobs of data about clicks, purchases, age groups and on. Whereas TV just guesses about all this. Is this Disruptive tech? Will advertisers abandon the media? Supposed to launch 2014 and advertisers are very interested. So, I don't pretend to know much about this business, but who will pay all these long term obligations to the conferences/NCAA if they have no ads . Are we going to have facebook TV? Just throwing stuff out here, but don't think anyone should get comfy just because they have a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by VTNSC View Post
    Just read an article about facebook and their new advertising strategy which is supposed to put the fear of god in the TV/cable businesses. Reach more people daily and gobs of data about clicks, purchases, age groups and on. Whereas TV just guesses about all this. Is this Disruptive tech? Will advertisers abandon the media? Supposed to launch 2014 and advertisers are very interested. So, I don't pretend to know much about this business, but who will pay all these long term obligations to the conferences/NCAA if they have no ads . Are we going to have facebook TV? Just throwing stuff out here, but don't think anyone should get comfy just because they have a contract.

Those of us in the TV business now have that information too. FYI.

I am sure you do. Actually was trying to get some opines on effect of this..seems "game changing" or is it much ado about nothing. I don't know much at all about your business except there is alot going on with realignment thinking/planning, long term contracts all based on certain assumptions (read: cash flow).
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post
    Those of us in the TV business now have that information too. FYI.

I am sure you do. Actually was trying to get some opines on effect of this..seems "game changing" or is it much ado about nothing. I don't know much at all about your business except there is alot going on with realignment thinking/planning, long term contracts all based on certain assumptions (read: cash flow).
    The one thing that most people still watch live on TV these days are sporting events. That's one reason advertisers will probably always put up money for TV commercials during live sporting events. Other TV networks should be worried, but sports networks are relatively safe.

I hate Facebook. I have account, but I never "sign in with facebook" or any of that stuff on other sites.