Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CobbCounty is dialed in to the cable world...freindly suggestion, read his post.

Hokies you will learn a lot of what it going on behind the scenes with his post...where a great deal of the CR action is taking place.

PS Oh yea, law has got the the Texas thing right. Getting ND and Texas is like getting the Yankees and the Cowboys to join your conference. Like it or not...it's a pretty big deal. $$$$$$$$$$$...just a little clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Hokies you will learn a lot of what it going on behind the scenes with his post...where a great deal of the CR action is taking place.

PS Oh yea, law has got the the Texas thing right. Getting ND and Texas is like getting the Yankees and the Cowboys to join your conference. Like it or not...it's a pretty big deal. $$$$$$$$$$$...just a little clue.
    Which one are you referring to? He's had several. Or is there a new one you're talking about?
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyburg Hokie View Post
    Which one are you referring to? He's had several. Or is there a new one you're talking about?
    I'm assuming it's this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbCountyHokie View Post
    follow the television and digital rights information. *I am already working on the rollout of the SEC network at my company when ESPN made a personal visit here to compel us to carry it straight away. *The Longhorn Network has major distribution problems and if you don't think that a UT move to the ACC will not be combined with the creation of an ACC Network...you guys are missing the story!
    I would love to have Texas in the ACC. I'm just curious the other football playing members, including ND, would come along with them.

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieHollar View Post
    I'm assuming it's this one.

I would love to have Texas in the ACC. I'm just curious the other football playing members, including ND, would come along with them.

If Cobb's assertion has any teeth, then Swofford has lied to the American public yet again with his "we see no further need to expand" statement. If this happens, Swofford needs counseling for obsessive–compulsive disorder in regard to raiding conferences.

And maybe I need to stay current with the times, but I thought Deloss Dodds was happy EXACTLY where Texas is. Has something changed recently?

And I'll say it again, inviting ND AND Texas to the ACC is like inviting the Kardashians and Hilton sisters to my house, only to have them raze my dwelling, clear my land, kick me out and eventually give it all to Kanye West because my property was never good enough for them anyway.

if this sequence of rankings (2/3/4/6/9/11/12/13/25) is significantly better than this one (2/28/30/33/37) then yes, they are probably lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitous View Post
    If Cobb's assertion has any teeth, then Swofford has lied to the American public yet again with his "we see no further need to expand" statement. If this happens, Swofford needs counseling for obsessive–compulsive disorder in regard to raiding conferences.

And maybe I need to stay current with the times, but I thought Deloss Dodds was happy EXACTLY where Texas is. Has something changed recently?

And I'll say it again, inviting ND AND Texas to the ACC is like inviting the Kardashians and Hilton sisters to my house, only to have them raze my dwelling, clear my land, kick me out and eventually give it all to Kanye West because my property was never good enough for them anyway.

That's it.
    I have thought this a possibility for a while now given the situation that the Long Horn Network is in. Deloss Dodds has looked into joining the ACC in the past, but the ACC wasn't much interested because of the Long Horn Network. But if the Long Horn Network could morph somehow into an ACC Network, then the game changes.

I don't know if I like the idea of Texas coming alone though. It puts them in a situation like West Virginia. We discussed below about Tulane and other Big XII members coming too. The downside to that is that 20 members is a huge conference. Then we have the variable of Notre Dame.

One quick question, if Big TX departs for the ACC, will the SEC continue to play the Big-12 champ or will they decide to switch to the ACC champ? Have a feeling they (Big-12) will fall into "Big East" status pretty quickly, not to mention the chance they get a huge follow-on television contract would be slim...

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    I have thought this a possibility for a while now given the situation that the Long Horn Network is in. Deloss Dodds has looked into joining the ACC in the past, but the ACC wasn't much interested because of the Long Horn Network. But if the Long Horn Network could morph somehow into an ACC Network, then the game changes.

I don't know if I like the idea of Texas coming alone though. It puts them in a situation like West Virginia. We discussed below about Tulane and other Big XII members coming too. The downside to that is that 20 members is a huge conference. Then we have the variable of Notre Dame.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    One quick question, if Big TX departs for the ACC, will the SEC continue to play the Big-12 champ or will they decide to switch to the ACC champ? Have a feeling they (Big-12) will fall into "Big East" status pretty quickly, not to mention the chance they get a huge follow-on television contract would be slim...
    They would continue to honor the Champions bowl contract until it is finished its term. I don't know how long the Sugar Bowl made it for. Texas hasn't won the Big XII in a number of years now, so I don't know how much a factor that would be. If multiple teams leave and the Big XII is dissolved, then that's another story. There wouldn't be a Big XII to honor its contract, and the contract would be terminated.

I can't see TX coming alone, nor would I want them to. They should bring some combination of OK, OSU, TT, Baylor

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post