Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

All about Texas. Nothing new from that article.

I hope the Big 12 stays together but I would advise them to add 2 to 6 more members. I think 16, maybe 20, will be the end number. A 10 member conference is easier to pick apart than a 14 or 16 member conference. If I'm the Big 12, I'd go after BYU and a few desirable AAC and MWC schools like Boise State, Cincinnati, Houston, USF,....

The ONLY reason they earned so much this yr is because so many schools left the conference and are paying exit fees. Additionally, they are only giving 8 members full shares. When it all evens out, they won't be anywhere near the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    The ONLY reason they earned so much this yr is because so many schools left the conference and are paying exit fees. Additionally, they are only giving 8 members full shares. When it all evens out, they won't be anywhere near the SEC.
    No doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    When it all evens out, they won't be anywhere near the SEC.
    Texas will.

Quote Originally Posted by 133304Hokie View Post
    Texas will.
    True DAT

Excellent, stability would be good for a while. Schools should stop acting out of fear of the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I hope the Big 12 stays together but I would advise them to add 2 to 6 more members. I think 16, maybe 20, will be the end number. A 10 member conference is easier to pick apart than a 14 or 16 member conference. If I'm the Big 12, I'd go after BYU and a few desirable AAC and MWC schools like Boise State, Cincinnati, Houston, USF,....
    I agree...the problem is, there's quite a drop off now in what's left. Academics aside, a few years ago, there was a breakdown of schools not in the Big 5, and in terms of facilities and budgets, the drop off after WVU and Louisville was stunning.

I expect we're not done...things are changing, and fast. While cable was an important part of the equation not too long ago, given the rapidly changing way the U.S. is getting video content, look for more change going forward.

The one thing I do know is the BIG EAST was on life support and fading, and assuming the B12 hangs together, we should be able to do big things with the bucketfulls of money we'll get. Think about this for a second...we were paid more by the B12 in a partial distribution than we made in the BIG EAST...and 40 million a year towards the end of the current B12 TV contract doesn't even include Tier 3 money. That'll buy some cleats.

See you boyz in December...we just lost Aaric Murray, but I think we'll be better for it. I expect we'll be improved, just not sure how much.

Awesome press release.