Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big winner here is ACC basketball. YES schedule is very open during the winter, with only the Nets. ACC and BE/C7 will really help their lineup. IMO the ACC will outdraw the C7/BE, by simpley having more good teams - UNC, Duke, Cuse, ND are national brands that will play bigger in the Big Apple than ST Johns, Seton Hall and Georgetown.

MSG is full all winter, with Knicks/Rangers/Devils/Islanders. The possible ACC games there will be mostly filler for them, likely cuse/ND/UNC/Duke oriented.

SNY had the old BE, likely will continue with the AAC. UConn and maybe Temple are really the only NYC draws. Sucks to be them.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    the article indicates MSG may still be in play, but hasn't announced anything yet. It seems to me the ACC is moving away from the ACC Network (Cable) concept and going for market saturation via regional networks and may focus more on the ACC Digital Network for in house network.

so now, ESPN has sold 2nd tier rights to Raycom, Raycom has sold a bundle of that to Fox Sports, and Fox Sports has sold a portion of that bundle to YES (and MSG?). That would mean the ACC/ESPN would have to buy back games from all of those entities (at a loss, i'm sure) in order to launch the ACC Network as a cable network. Just seems less and less likely with each of these announcements (unless they are 1 year deals that renew).

Either way, this is good for the 'cuse/ND launch in the NYC market. and maybe, just maybe, the ACC Digital Network is a better long term investment/focus than a dedicated cable channel with all of the movement towards streaming content. time will tell...
    Last edited by PadrosWindup; Fri Jul 12 2013 at 11:54 AM.
    BCS level college football is a resource war, not a morality play.

Quote Originally Posted by PadrosWindup View Post
    Big winner here is ACC basketball. YES schedule is very open during the winter, with only the Nets. ACC and BE/C7 will really help their lineup. IMO the ACC will outdraw the C7/BE, by simpley having more good teams - UNC, Duke, Cuse, ND are national brands that will play bigger in the Big Apple than ST Johns, Seton Hall and Georgetown.

MSG is full all winter, with Knicks/Rangers/Devils/Islanders. The possible ACC games there will be mostly filler for them, likely cuse/ND/UNC/Duke oriented.

SNY had the old BE, likely will continue with the AAC. UConn and maybe Temple are really the only NYC draws. Sucks to be them.
    I thought I read SNY has signed on to be Raycom's ACC Network syndicate partner...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Time WArner

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePoq View Post
    What cable do you have? I'll have to dig for our list of FIOS channels. I have no idea what's on the non-high def channels. Sure hope we can get it in high def and that we get it period.

Glen Allen, VA (far western Henrico County)
    And the NO network will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Tango View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
    Time WArner
    YES is on FiOS in HD.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    +1

it's basically the Big 10 network, but there is only one "school" and it's the Yankees. think they may have added some Barclays Premier stuff recently.

when i had fios, YES was part of the "extreme" sports package. it also included a lot of the Fox sports channels and a couple of soccer channels.
    YES also seems to have 1-2 Ivy League games on each Saturday in the fall. Lots of Yale, in particular.