Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stech?

Stech?

Where you think Oklahoma will be in 10 year's?

SEC?
    Pac12?
    Big10?

My guess, they'll be wherever their master (Big TX) allows them to be...

Quote Originally Posted by MrFantastic! View Post

SEC?
    Pac12?
    Big10?
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Actually, I don't think they are going anywhere without taking OkSt with them

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    My guess, they'll be wherever their master (Big TX) allows them to be...
    OU will still be in the Big 12 or Big 14,16,... in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    Actually, I don't think they are going anywhere without taking OkSt with them
    That's the 2-state U dilemma. When two state schools are paired in the same conference, it's tough to move. Look at how easily Nebraska, Maryland, Missouri, Cuse, Rutgers, and WVU swapped conferences. Everybody wants Kansas and Oklahoma, but nobody wants KSU or OSU. One state school can't leave the other high and dry.

T. Boone Pickens would never let OkSt get left behind.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFantastic! View Post

SEC?
    Pac12?
    Big10?
    I think Stech wrote a farewell letter last week. Too many negative nancy's on this board and he's no longer going to post.

Quote Originally Posted by GFallsFan View Post
    I think Stech wrote a farewell letter last week. Too many negative nancy's on this board and he's no longer going to post.
    CC and I are going to start a pretty major housecleaning here soon. We're working on a new site design for TSL that will make the site simpler to use, more informative, and more mobile-friendly. Coincident with that, we're going to come up with strategy for cleaning up the boards and ridding it of posters who can't discuss things in a civil fashion.

I always say that we can't tell people "what" to say -- in other words, we can't control people's attitudes -- but we can definitely govern how to say it ... and take appropriate action if people can't be civil.

Every once in a while, you have to give a message board community an enema. This board's cleansing is overdue.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

Quote Originally Posted by GFallsFan View Post
    He'll be back. He's just frustrated with all those who wish Tech were in another conference (mainly the SEC) and who hate anything positive he said about the ACC. Stech appeared to have some inside sources and usually was right about his predictions. He still strongly believes Notre Dame will end up a full member in time while most here disagree. That strong belief along with his love for the ACC lead to most of the negativity. I guess there are still some on here who have SEC dreams? They'll just have to wait 15 more years and even then the chances aren't good. All I can say is "Come back Stech, you were an important contributor to this board and respected by most of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    He'll be back. He's just frustrated with all those who wish Tech were in another conference (mainly the SEC) and who hate anything positive he said about the ACC. Stech appeared to have some inside sources and usually was right about his predictions. He still strongly believes Notre Dame will end up a full member in time while most here disagree. That strong belief along with his love for the ACC lead to most of the negativity. I guess there are still some on here who have SEC dreams? They'll just have to wait 15 more years and even then the chances aren't good. All I can say is "Come back Stech, you were an important contributor to this board and respected by most of us."
    I think we some are advocating for better leadership in Blacksburg and Greensboro. And while we are indeed in the ACC for a lomg while, new ideas would go a long way toward preventing the ACC falling further behind the four power conferences.