Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well that would mean that JJ is incompetent as a head basketball coach a further indictment on the AD. Either way looks bad. I will plan to believe the former. JJ may end up being a great coach, but sadly I don't think he will ever get a true opportunity to succeed at VT.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieMadness View Post
    I don't think Weaver told him to go to the spring game either. And you won't find much love from me for Weaver these days.

But I do think JJ saw what happened to Greenberg and a precedent has been set on how to stay in Weaver's good graces. SG was fired in part due to not being good ole boys with the rest of the Athletic Department and more specifically the football program. (Note I said in part, it wasn't the sole reason) And one of primary reasons JJ was hired was his good relationship with others in the Athletic Department and contribution to the "family atmosphere". I think it is very likely JJ just thought that going to the spring game would be a good decision for his job security considering the priorities of his boss. I probably would have made the same decision as JJ. I would also jump at my first opportunity for a HC job at a comparable program because of these priorities of my boss (which JJ likely will if he succeeds here and the "environment" hasn't changed by then).
    I think you are definitely on to something here. Perhaps that is the reason that most of the recent hires have been going down the hall. But you are right... if JJ has any sort of success he is on the first train out of Blacksburg... guaranteed.