LINK: Oklahoma AD Publicly Expressing Regret about Passing on Louisville

Thought you guys would appreciate a little Realignment Related Commentary coming out of the Big XII. The Oklahoma AD is talking publicly about how Oklahoma wanted Louisville but couldn't sell the rest of the Big XII.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1521117

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    Thought you guys would appreciate a little Realignment Related Commentary coming out of the Big XII. The Oklahoma AD is talking publicly about how Oklahoma wanted Louisville but couldn't sell the rest of the Big XII.

Yup, but Texas runs that conference. IMHO, I think it was a mistake not to take them along with Cincinnati to get to 12. Having WVU, U of L, and Cincy would've given them a big presence in the Ohio Valley region.

As for U of L, if they would've joined the Big 12 the same time WVU did, I expect their football team wouldn't have been as good as they were in the Big East and that they probably wouldn't have played in a BCS Bowl. The men's soccer team would've likely played in the MAC with WVU and the women's LAX team would've been an independent or joined the conference that had Florida, Vandy, PSU, Ohio State,.. Would U of L had more wins in baseball and softball if they had joined the Big 12? I doubt it since competition is much better.

Go talk to Texas.

The Big 12 (-4+2) was the big loser in the realignment game. No matter how you slice and dice it losing 4 charter members, 2 iconic teams in Nebraska and Texas A&M, 2 good schools in Colorado and Mizzou and 3 contiguous states from their footprint , OUCH.

They will eventually be forced to add 2 teams but there just aren't any good choices.

Quote Originally Posted by VT75 View Post
    The Big 12 (-4+2) was the big loser in the realignment game. No matter how you slice and dice it losing 4 charter members, 2 iconic teams in Nebraska and Texas A&M, 2 good schools in Colorado and Mizzou and 3 contiguous states from their footprint , OUCH.

They will eventually be forced to add 2 teams but there just aren't any good choices.
    Quite true, and for that they can thank the greedy bastards in Austin, TX. UT runs the Big 12 as their own personal fiefdom. Texas A&M got tired of the Longhorns' BS and very smartly elected to bolt to the SEC while the gettin' was good. Likewise for Nebraska, Colorado & Missouri. I'm betting that Louisville probably wasn't crazy about joining the Big 12 either and was elated when the ACC made them an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    Quite true, and for that they can thank the greedy bastards in Austin, TX. UT runs the Big 12 as their own personal fiefdom. Texas A&M got tired of the Longhorns' BS and very smartly elected to bolt to the SEC while the gettin' was good. Likewise for Nebraska, Colorado & Missouri. I'm betting that Louisville probably wasn't crazy about joining the Big 12 either and was elated when the ACC made them an offer.
    Have a feeling after Big TX has destroyed the Big-12, they'll have OU (& a couple strap-hangers) carry their bags as they head to the Pac-16.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

I see OU leaving the Texas owned league.

WHy? Well because they can go out WEST and sorta be their own hit. Who would go with them? That is BIG. Where would Texas go? Even bigger. What would happen to WVU? By saying all that you can see I think one of two thing's happen. Big 12 dies. Or BIG 12 tries to ally with ACC. The ACC does not need that IMHO. But the scheduling of WVU has me thinking............WHY? Interesting times ahead. The OU and TEXAS saga could get interesting.

They should have added LVille and Cincy when they had the chance

Thereby expanding to 12 and cutting the ACC off at the knees. If they didn't do it at the same time they took WVU, they should have done it as soon as Maryland announced they were leaving the ACC. The ACC would have had no choice but to take UConn, thereby pissing off FSU and Clemson and leaving the door open for them to one day leave for the Big-12 themselves.

OU Will Do What Texas Tells Them They Can and Can't Do

They are mindless wallflowers.