Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Donte Clark denied admission per twitter

nm

Mark Berman reporting GPA/SAT issues..and that he won't be enrolling now or in the future.

Stinks...I believe the gurus felt he had more developing to do than maybe some of the other incoming freshmen, but still..
    Last edited by HokieSA; Tue Jul 02 2013 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieSA View Post
    Mark Berman reporting GPA/SAT issues..and that he won't be enrolling now or in the future.

Stinks...I believe the gurus felt he had more developing to do than maybe some of the other incoming freshmen, but still..
    Well, we know the early answer on which former VT player/signee will play great basketball at another school.

Is this the great recruiting new CJ Reavis hinted at?!?

Quote Originally Posted by vtfan15 View Post
    nm
    look for him on a cinderella NCAA tourney run in 2-3 years...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Yea, I think it was Cville who said before Clark needed some work in his opinion, but no question he had performed well in AAU and as Berman pointed out had 20 and 10 in a game v. Oak Hill. I guess the plus side is we'll have another scholly avail for '14-'15 now.

It's hard not to feel like this is a pretty big blow...it's still nice to have 5 others + Adam Smith in the fold to give JJ a chance at running the system he wants this year. Gotta remember they're freshmen and probably not as college ready as even Delaney/Allen were. Hopefully a couple are.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieSA View Post
    Yea, I think it was Cville who said before Clark needed some work in his opinion, but no question he had performed well in AAU and as Berman pointed out had 20 and 10 in a game v. Oak Hill. I guess the plus side is we'll have another scholly avail for '14-'15 now.

It's hard not to feel like this is a pretty big blow...it's still nice to have 5 others + Adam Smith in the fold to give JJ a chance at running the system he wants this year. Gotta remember they're freshmen and probably not as college ready as even Delaney/Allen were. Hopefully a couple are.
    Cville and Rev are both higher on Emelogu than Clark. Even if he needed work, it's a blow to depth (practice, competition, etc). Losing a D-1, scholarship quality athlete always stings. Oh well. Another kick in the shins for VT bball.
    Last edited by vthokiedsp; Tue Jul 02 2013 at 01:46 PM.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post

look for him on a cinderella NCAA tourney run in 2-3 years...
    Yup, someone post when he joins some other school, I will bet big on his team in the tourney his entire career
    "The Hokies won an outright ACC championship during their first year in the conference. That's a feat Tech's in-state neighbor to the north has never accomplished in 52 seasons. For the record, it took Tech 12 weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinBall View Post
    Is this the great recruiting new CJ Reavis hinted at?!?
    Not funny at all.

I wonder how much 3 high schools in three year had to do with that? Then again maybe I have the cause and effect backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by vtfan15 View Post
    nm
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.