Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hhoop3 View Post
    Interesting that up until now this little tidbit has not been brought up by ANYONE!!
    That was brought up during the initial discussion, there are plenty of events during the two live weekends. The biggest event was EYBL in LA, VT was only ACC school that wasn't there. Second biggest event was Adidas in Dallas, third biggest event was Pittsburgh.

The problem wasn't so much that VT didn't have anyone in LA ( though it certainly made a poor statement) it's that the head coach was at the spring game - he was the only major conference coach in America not out at one of the major events that Saturday. In bball you have a VERY limited window to be out and see kids and JJ was expected to be at the spring game and therefore missed a huge opportunity.

From my understanding VT had two coaches in Pittsburgh meaning they missed not one but two of the biggest events of the entire year in part because the head coach was supposed to be at the spring game.
    Last edited by Cvillehoops13; Wed Jul 03 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvillehoops13 View Post
    That was brought up during the initial discussion, there are plenty of events during the two live weekends. The biggest event was EYBL in LA, VT was only ACC school that wasn't there. Second biggest event was Adidas in Dallas, third biggest event was Pittsburgh.

The problem wasn't so much that VT didn't have anyone in LA ( though it certainly made a poor statement) it's that the head coach was at the spring game - he was the only major conference coach in America not out at one of the major events that Saturday. In bball you have a VERY limited window to be out and see kids and JJ was expected to be at the spring game and therefore missed a huge opportunity.

From my understanding VT had two coaches in Pittsburgh meaning they missed not one but two of the biggest events of the entire year in part because the head coach was supposed to be at the spring game.
    "Expected to be" and "supposed to be". I can't help but ask...who made the spring game an unofficial obligation?
    Last edited by vthokiedsp; Wed Jul 03 2013 at 11:22 PM.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    The big thing I'll always take out of it was the timing. Did Weaver even realize that by firing SG at the end of April that VT had wasted one of the two major evaluation periods for the 2013 class? I'm not even sure he did, but who really knows?
    IMO it seemed like it got personal with the two of them snipping at one another through the press. When things gets personal, conventional wisdom takes a backseat

Night and day moir situation. Much worse

Seth was a human resources issue. The moir situation. Involved NCAA violations .. It was much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeridgehokie View Post
    fiasco from the 80s. I hope it is the Moir situation when I was a student as I don't want to see VT get that bad again as it was through the "Frankie Hankie" years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    The big thing I'll always take out of it was the timing. Did Weaver even realize that by firing SG at the end of April that VT had wasted one of the two major evaluation periods for the 2013 class? I'm not even sure he did, but who really knows?
    Timing was a symptom of a total lack of understanding and caring with regard to the second highest revenue sport and the one that has the potential to generate as much positive image for our school as football has. Will be excited to see new president and AD in place.