Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Wow another thread of post trying to down play something good for VT. Everytime someone says something good about VT...the post turn into some ridiculous debate.

By the way, I didn't say it was the greatest thing ever, I said it was a good thing and then you guys got to act like it is nothing. You guys most likely have never promoted anything and now you are telling me experience doesn't matter. Do you feel the same way when two lawyers go up against each other? No need to answer, I would not believe you even if you said yes to the question.

Honestly, I need a break from what this place has turned into lately...a place to put down post that say good things about Virginia Tech. It happens over and over again and I am tired of it.
    Negativity appears to be a huge part of the Virginia Tech sports fans culture. I agree that the ACC in NYC this Monday was a positive event. I guess the Weaver hires of the past few years and the dismal 2012-13 football, and men's/women's basketball seasons just made matters worse on here. Winning will reduce the negativity.

Just trying to reign in the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Wow another thread of post trying to down play something good for VT. Everytime someone says something good about VT...the post turn into some ridiculous debate.

By the way, I didn't say it was the greatest thing ever, I said it was a good thing and then you guys got to act like it is nothing. You guys most likely have never promoted anything and now you are telling me experience doesn't matter. Do you feel the same way when two lawyers go up against each other? No need to answer, I would not believe you even if you said yes to the question.

Honestly, I need a break from what this place has turned into lately...a place to put down post that say good things about Virginia Tech. It happens over and over again and I am tired of it.
    every arrangement has positives and negatives. Everything I said about ringing the Daq 'bell' is exactly true. A hoot. A laugh. Photo op. Could pay off but likely will not. What is the harm in calling a spade a spade?
    I have a long history of pointing out positives and negatives on TSL, which i suppose on occasion comes into conflict with relentless cheerleaders. I'll carry the Hokie banner for fundraising, HC, etc. (i.e. where it actually matters) but TSL is no place for that.
    Last edited by lawhokie; Thu Jul 04 2013 at 12:40 AM.

It's not hyperbole if almost every time someone says something good about VT someone feels the need to turn it into a dump on VT (It is not just this one thread). You didn't start this so it wasn't directed as much at you as it was the ones that started it. In the mean time, you guys win, if you enjoy the board the way it is keep doing what you are doing, but it has gotten intolerable for me and many others. If the tone changes I might come back, but right now it just seems to getting worst by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    every arrangement has positives and negatives. Everything I said about ringing the Daq 'bell' is exactly true. A hoot. A laugh. Photo op. Could pay off but likely will not. What is the harm in calling a spade a spade?
    I have a long history of pointing out positives and negatives on TSL, which i suppose on occasion comes into conflict with relentless cheerleaders. I'll carry the Hokie banner for fundraising, HC, etc. (i.e. where it actually matters) but TSL is no place for that.

Quote Originally Posted by 133193Hokie View Post
    I am glad that the ACC is getting more aggressive on the marketing front. However, the reality of the situation is that any conference where schools have to sign a GOR does not seem to be stable.
    You mean like the B1G and the Pac-12?
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCoveHokie View Post
    I would say that it is more or less a meaningless event.
    I would agree