Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer Hokie View Post
    Did they have an opportunity to spend some time on a NY sports talk radio program?
    No care cares about their pro sports opinions so, no.

I agree that it's nice to see VT on TV in a positive light. Also agree that it is silly to be having this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    You restated your opinion another way, but did not say you have experience promoting and marketing a large organizaton. Yes I do have experience doing it for large organizations in both the business and sports areas and the facts do not bear out your opinion on this matter. Anyone with experience in this area and that is pro Virginia Tech would be very happy for this opporutnity for Virginia Tech.

Wow I can't believe we are even having this discussion.

the ACC saying that Frank Beamer is the biggest name in ACC football is pretty cool, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCoveHokie View Post
    I would say that it is more or less a meaningless event.

I guess next year's ACC press conference will be at Churchill Downs?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    I guess next year's ACC press conference will be at Churchill Downs?
    And they will serve pizza in cardboard boxes.

Eh, regardless of his experience his take is a lot closer than yours.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    You restated your opinion another way, but did not say you have experience promoting and marketing a large organizaton. Yes I do have experience doing it for large organizations in both the business and sports areas and the facts do not bear out your opinion on this matter. Anyone with experience in this area and that is pro Virginia Tech would be very happy for this opporutnity for Virginia Tech.

Wow I can't believe we are even having this discussion.
    Ringing the Nasdaq bell is kind of cheesy, and it's never a big deal unless you're a small company. It's a hoot, but there's a 95% chance it will have no effect whatsoever. If we can miraculously get some type of sponsorship deal it'd be great, but it's unrealistic to think it's anything more than a photo op. It's just a laugh and that's fine. When we open/close the NYSE that would be something significant. Nasdaq - not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer Hokie View Post
    And they will serve pizza in cardboard boxes.
    or KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut.

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    Ringing the Nasdaq bell is kind of cheesy, and it's never a big deal unless you're a small company. It's a hoot, but there's a 95% chance it will have no effect whatsoever. If we can miraculously get some type of sponsorship deal it'd be great, but it's unrealistic to think it's anything more than a photo op. It's just a laugh and that's fine. When we open/close the NYSE that would be something significant. Nasdaq - not so much.
    Best thing to come out of the today's Nasdaq photo op. Testudo the Turtle being humiliated.

--matches the definition of mediocrity -- an apt appraisal of all facets of the programs offensive philosophy

Wow another thread of post trying to down play something good for VT. Everytime someone says something good about VT...the post turn into some ridiculous debate.

By the way, I didn't say it was the greatest thing ever, I said it was a good thing and then you guys got to act like it is nothing. You guys most likely have never promoted anything and now you are telling me experience doesn't matter. Do you feel the same way when two lawyers go up against each other? No need to answer, I would not believe you even if you said yes to the question.

Honestly, I need a break from what this place has turned into lately...a place to put down post that say good things about Virginia Tech. It happens over and over again and I am tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post