Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1

    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    17,852

    LINK, Roanoke Times, "Bigger, more cohesive ACC ready to cash in":


  2. #2
    Old Line Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Location
    3659′36″N 7813′30″W
    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by squarerootofone View Post
    It would be ironic if the stock market crashed on Monday. Frank Beamer would try to keep everyone calm by saying, "Things are never as great (high) as they appear to be. Things are never as bad (low) as they seem to be. Somewhere in the middle is a thing called reality."

  3. #3

    Join Date
    February 16, 2001
    Posts
    14,845
    Fantastic to hear Coach Beamer is ringing the bell at the Nasdaq w/ Coach K and Coach Boeheim...that is incredible coverage for VT that cost us nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by squarerootofone View Post

  4. #4

    Join Date
    February 16, 2001
    Posts
    14,845
    LOL...that is exactly what Coach Beams would say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    It would be ironic if the stock market crashed on Monday. Frank Beamer would try to keep everyone calm by saying, "Things are never as great (high) as they appear to be. Things are never as bad (low) as they seem to be. Somewhere in the middle is a thing called reality."

  5. #5

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    1,514
    I am glad that the ACC is getting more aggressive on the marketing front. However, the reality of the situation is that any conference where schools have to sign a GOR does not seem to be stable.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    September 03, 2002
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Fantastic to hear Coach Beamer is ringing the bell at the Nasdaq w/ Coach K and Coach Boeheim...that is incredible coverage for VT that cost us nothing.
    Yeah, should really bump up our cred with the "Nightly Business Report" viewers...
    Last edited by hokiefan86; Sun Jun 30 2013 at 11:12 AM.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    February 16, 2001
    Posts
    14,845
    It will be more than just that veiwer group.

    Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan86 View Post
    Yeah, should really bump up our cred with the "Nightly Business Report" viewers...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    September 03, 2002
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    It will be more than just that veiwer group.
    Really? Whats the thinking here?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    October 14, 2003
    Posts
    10,282
    I'd prefer they get more aggressive in winning OOC games
    Quote Originally Posted by 133193Hokie View Post
    I am glad that the ACC is getting more aggressive on the marketing front. However, the reality of the situation is that any conference where schools have to sign a GOR does not seem to be stable.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,274
    I would say that it is more or less a meaningless event.



    Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Fantastic to hear Coach Beamer is ringing the bell at the Nasdaq w/ Coach K and Coach Boeheim...that is incredible coverage for VT that cost us nothing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •