Why BBall info has slowed (speaking only for myself)

First, my reason for posting or not posting has very little to do with other posters who have something to say about the info I give or tell me I'm wrong about the perception, etc. At the end of the day, this is the profession I'm in every single day, this is my job, I don't need someone outside the profession who isn't privy to the info I get from various sources to vindicate what I see and hear on a day-to-day basis.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but in short, I'm confident in the info and don't come here for confirmation. You're well within your right to doubt every single bit of info myself or Rev or Cville post, but when given a question about health, I'm probably gonna trust what a doctor says, even if its contrary to what I thought originally. So that's not the reason I don't post a whole lot anymore, the real answer is actually more practical, though having to defend observations from my profession on a message board intended to give info about my profession doesn't exactly promote willingness to rush to my laptop with info.

My reason is simple, I'm just busy this time of the year. Like Coach Johnson and Coach Williams and every other coach in America, I'm on the road. I'm in Virginia today, North Carolina tomorrow, Atlanta the following week, Myrtle Beach, Boston, back to North Carolina. etc. I don't always have the time to post, heck, I don't always have internet access.

I just moved schools 5 weeks ago, so I've had to hit the ground running with regards to recruiting. I haven't even stepped foot in my office yet. My home won't be livable until August. It's a grind, and the summer is literally the worst time for leisure activities.

I also am growing further and further from my time and sources from VT. Coach Johnson is the sole survivor from my time at VT. I still know a couple of the players from the recruiting circuit, but not as close as I got with some former players. My job does, however, lend me information as far as who VT has offered or has interest in, and from seeing those players on the road, I'm able to gauge generally what type of player VT is getting.

Coaching is also a big fraternity, and coaches talk. There isn't a deep hatred for other coaches, especially within your conference, that the fan bases share. These guys all talk and share stories and go out for drinks with each other, and I've been fortunate to be a part of some of those groups as well as hanging out with coaches within my conference and beyond. So while definitely a long grind, it can be a very rewarding profession with the relationships you make and the good times to be had on the road.

What I'm trying to say, is do not read too much into a lack of information in the summer months, everyone is just pretty busy (yes, busier than football wrt time on the road)...at least that's what is the hold-up on my end...

If there's other prospects out there I see that I know are involved with VT, I'll try and pass it along

some names to watch:

James Demery
    Devin Robinson
    Chris Clarke
    E'Torrian Wilridge

so there ya go...curse my name and tell me I'm wrong in 3...2...1...

Quote Originally Posted by GCHokie34 View Post
    First, my reason for posting or not posting has very little to do with other posters who have something to say about the info I give or tell me I'm wrong about the perception, etc. At the end of the day, this is the profession I'm in every single day, this is my job, I don't need someone outside the profession who isn't privy to the info I get from various sources to vindicate what I see and hear on a day-to-day basis.

Not trying to sound like a jerk, but in short, I'm confident in the info and don't come here for confirmation. You're well within your right to doubt every single bit of info myself or Rev or Cville post, but when given a question about health, I'm probably gonna trust what a doctor says, even if its contrary to what I thought originally. So that's not the reason I don't post a whole lot anymore, the real answer is actually more practical, though having to defend observations from my profession on a message board intended to give info about my profession doesn't exactly promote willingness to rush to my laptop with info.

My reason is simple, I'm just busy this time of the year. Like Coach Johnson and Coach Williams and every other coach in America, I'm on the road. I'm in Virginia today, North Carolina tomorrow, Atlanta the following week, Myrtle Beach, Boston, back to North Carolina. etc. I don't always have the time to post, heck, I don't always have internet access.

I just moved schools 5 weeks ago, so I've had to hit the ground running with regards to recruiting. I haven't even stepped foot in my office yet. My home won't be livable until August. It's a grind, and the summer is literally the worst time for leisure activities.

I also am growing further and further from my time and sources from VT. Coach Johnson is the sole survivor from my time at VT. I still know a couple of the players from the recruiting circuit, but not as close as I got with some former players. My job does, however, lend me information as far as who VT has offered or has interest in, and from seeing those players on the road, I'm able to gauge generally what type of player VT is getting.

Coaching is also a big fraternity, and coaches talk. There isn't a deep hatred for other coaches, especially within your conference, that the fan bases share. These guys all talk and share stories and go out for drinks with each other, and I've been fortunate to be a part of some of those groups as well as hanging out with coaches within my conference and beyond. So while definitely a long grind, it can be a very rewarding profession with the relationships you make and the good times to be had on the road.

What I'm trying to say, is do not read too much into a lack of information in the summer months, everyone is just pretty busy (yes, busier than football wrt time on the road)...at least that's what is the hold-up on my end...

If there's other prospects out there I see that I know are involved with VT, I'll try and pass it along

some names to watch:

James Demery
    Devin Robinson
    Chris Clarke
    E'Torrian Wilridge

Shoot me an email if you get a free minute - coachva@gmail.com

some names to watch:

James Demery
    Devin Robinson
    Chris Clarke
    E'Torrian Wilridge

Those are some nice players GC. Landing one or two of them would be huge gets for JJ & co.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvillehoops13 View Post
    Shoot me an email if you get a free minute - coachva@gmail.com
    Done

some names to watch:

James Demery
    Devin Robinson
    Chris Clarke
    E'Torrian Wilridge

Thanks for taking the time to post

Thank you very much GC for posting. You obviously are an assistant coach somewhere (didn't know that), so we certainly don't expect you to be able to post information during your recruiting period.
    Looks like you have two names I haven't seen before. That's great. Devin Robinson seems to be a highly-skilled athlete that we have a decent chance with....is that correct?
    Sound like UVA is confident they will get Clarke if they offer.
    Any info on Demery or Wilridge?

Thanks for posting. Good luck in the future. Future updates much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ctdc79 View Post
    ou obviously are an assistant coach somewhere (didn't know that)
    See...now you know why we listen to certain folks, haha!