Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    FWIW, the people I've spoken to have a high opinion of Mason. I just hope he gets a fair shake considering he talent that won't be returning. Next year was rebuilding with or without Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRat View Post
    Personally I am freaking sick of Weaver taking the easy route of just moving a man up. This has got to end.I'm not saying Mason is a terrible coach, he probably has connections with many of the players and has taught the boys well but whats the harm in looking for another guy?

There has got to be some decent head or assistant coach that would be strongly interested in taking over our team.We are not a terrible, repeat losing record team; we play in the ACC for goodness sakes; and we have a wealth of talent in VA for baseball....Why can't Weaver just go out and look for some one!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRat View Post
    Yes I am, especially with Wolff, with seeing talent undeveloped. Johnson needs to bring it this year, but thanks for trying to call me out on Mason when I made no ill comment on him. Cheers, better luck next time when all Im asking is for Weaver to look around before making a reactionary decision
    lmao You are clueless on Wolf. Take a look at his latest recruits, especially the latest one who is expected to be a top 25 ranked player. Review the guy and what he's doing under this AD's "guidance" and you'll see he's on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePWC View Post
    FWIW, the people I've spoken to have a high opinion of Mason. I just hope he gets a fair shake considering he talent that won't be returning. Next year was rebuilding with or without Hughes.
    new to the forum however I thought I'd chime in with my .02.......many believe this will be an upgrade over time.