Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Just saw on Twitter that the dude is now saying that he is afraid for the future of WVU because of a domino effect. Could it be either an ACC network announcement or further expansion? Say 5 teams from Big 12 or since Texas network losing money a buyout of it?

Most likely though just announcing the pin stripe bowl.

I agree with another poster, probably announce that the ACC tourny will play at MSG at some point in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Annoucement will occur in New York. Every member has been requested to send a rep also. Annoucement at 4 pm. Also acc and members will cling the bell at the ny stock exchange . Don't know what this about. Just interesting

The only problem is the BE could have done it before the initial losses in 04. The BE had NY, Philly, Boston, Miami, VA/DC. I hope it pays off for the ACC. This has become a money sport and until the $$$ rolls in the ACC teams will never really catch the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by HOO86 View Post
    Yes, and it has been a great strategy IMO. I'm mad a Maryland more than the Big Ten over this attempt to have a "blocking" strategy. The ACC has been Maryland's league for 60 years. But now that they have left, I will forget them along with most everyone else in the east.

Hell if the Dud is announcing problems for the Big12 that could be good for the Big12 considering his accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by ahokie4u View Post
    Just saw on Twitter that the dude is now saying that he is afraid for the future of WVU because of a domino effect. Could it be either an ACC network announcement or further expansion? Say 5 teams from Big 12 or since Texas network losing money a buyout of it?

LOL. Good point. He is always wrong. However, he is worried about something... maybe his imaginary sources have cut him off.

any official announcement that WVU getting into ACC........I will be gone in terms of further VT contributions - ending season ticket purchases dating back to late 6o's.....Miami team had been referred to as thug U.....but when it comes to similar terms in fan bases......WVU is runaway winner (based upon reports as WVU fans throwing Oil drum trash cans onto Miami team, fans & buses after last minute 12-10 loss , VT fan reports over vehicle destruction, vt fans cars vandalized, vt children being knocked in head by with aluminum folding style stadium seat after close vt win), on & on....... I will give Weaver credit for ditching them in football.....Big 12 either desperate or didn't bother to do any research ( didn't ask other previous WVU opponents) before letting them in....... would really like to get the "behind closed doors" reactions of those B12 fans/ teams that traveled to WVU & won. (or for that matter lost --as well). Usually sore losers make even worse arrogant winners.
    Last edited by dna-vt; Sat Jun 22 2013 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ahokie4u View Post

The Dude is more worried about traffic on his blog since this is the slow time of the year for college sports.

Quote Originally Posted by HOKIERIT View Post
    It does for basketball...and that is ALL the ACC cares about.
    They wouldn't have brought in Louisville to make FSU happy if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    They wouldn't have brought in Louisville to make FSU happy if that were the case.
    You answered your own question...They recognize they NEED football (and hence, FSU). It doesn't mean it is their emphasis IMO. ACC is and always WILL be a basketball conference. If basketball is your sport, that is fine. I happen to be a frustrated football guy.

Don't forget, Louisville is NO slouch in basketball. They have a longer basketball history than they do in football.

Quote Originally Posted by HOKIERIT View Post
    You answered your own question...They recognize they NEED football (and hence, FSU). It doesn't mean it is their emphasis IMO. ACC is and always WILL be a basketball conference. If basketball is your sport, that is fine. I happen to be a frustrated football guy.

Don't forget, Louisville is NO slouch in basketball. They have a longer basketball history than they do in football.
    No doubt but you said basketball is ALL it cares about. They would have let FSU go and added UConn if that were the case.