Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 133304Hokie View Post
    These things go in cycles, so there's no guarantee Louisville will continue to do as well as they've been doing this year going forward. Having said that, Louisville does seem to have more upside potential than West Virginia both athletically and academically.
    Agreed. UofL had 1 decent season and 1 great game. And frankly, who knows if Florida even showed up to play the Cards. It sure looked like Florida was able to turn it up a notch in that game, but not early enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    Baseball this time.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9335610

The ACC is looking pretty good, baseball-wise. UNC, NC State and Louisville are all in the CWS. Plus UVa and FSU in the final 16, too.
    True... UL is on a roll lately. I should reserve judgment on them for about 5 years and see if they can play at the top level of the ACC in all sports. However, I suspect UL football will be a 7 to 9 win team in the ACC in most good years. UL Men's Basketball will always be good. Their Baseball, Softball, Women's bball might take a step down once they start playing ACC conference games. Not saying UL will be bad, but they may not be nearly as dominant. I will say this... UL will be much better than Tech in all sports, but not better than UNC and FSU (and maybe a few other schools).

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitous View Post
    True... UL is on a roll lately. I should reserve judgment on them for about 5 years and see if they can play at the top level of the ACC in all sports. However, I suspect UL football will be a 7 to 9 win team in the ACC in most good years. UL Men's Basketball will always be good. Their Baseball, Softball, Women's bball might take a step down once they start playing ACC conference games. Not saying UL will be bad, but they may not be nearly as dominant. I will say this... UL will be much better than Tech in all sports, but not better than UNC and FSU (and maybe a few other schools).
    OH---- LOUISVILLE will not only continue to roll ....but they will be a major force in the ACC......WHY....VERY LIBERAL admittance standards compared to rest of ACC.......they will recruit & sign players the ACC may look at but can't get admitted.... THEY WOULD BE A BETTER FIT IN SEC (Sooooooo? Everybody Cheats).... just look at VT's potential running back other top recruits.....some of who almost beg to come to VT but CAN'T GET PAST OR MEET VT ACADEMIC ADMITTANCE STANDARDS.

Quote Originally Posted by dna-vt View Post
    OH---- LOUISVILLE will not only continue to roll ....but they will be a major force in the ACC...
    I will agree with you regarding UL basketball. Time will tell with the other sports like WBB, baseball and even football. All it takes is for another Miami run along with an FSU return to dominance, and UL will be just another above average ACC football team. Honestly, UL will struggle in football against Tech, UNC, Pitt, Syracuse, GT and NC State, not to mention Clemson is probably better. Baseball and WBB are very tough in the ACC and UL has their work cut out for them. I will at least place UL in the top half (top third in good years) of the ACC in all sports... but not dominating the conference.