Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Louisville continues their domination of the NCAA

Baseball this time.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9335610

The ACC is looking pretty good, baseball-wise. UNC, NC State and Louisville are all in the CWS. Plus UVa and FSU in the final 16, too.

Looks like a great Sports addition to the ACC! Who did better, the ACC with Louisville, or the Big-12 with WVU?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    Baseball this time.

The ACC is looking pretty good, baseball-wise. UNC, NC State and Louisville are all in the CWS. Plus UVa and FSU in the final 16, too.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Looks like a great Sports addition to the ACC! Who did better, the ACC with Louisville, or the Big-12 with WVU?
    Yup, the Big 12 screwed up there but they've been screwing up a lot the past few years. Texas (and maybe Oklahoma) didn't want 12 teams and a conference championship game. They would've taken Louisville and likely Cincinnati soon after WVU joined but the big boys of the Big 12 said "No." UConn would be in the ACC if the Big 12 made that move because the ACC had limited options after Maryland jumped to the Big 10. FSU and Clemson didn't want another northern school, so things worked out well for the ACC thanks to Texas and Oklahoma. Funny how things work out sometimes.

These things go in cycles, so there's no guarantee Louisville will continue to do as well as they've been doing this year going forward. Having said that, Louisville does seem to have more upside potential than West Virginia both athletically and academically.

They sure are putting a lot of cash into the program. Guess they can thank Papa John.

Quote Originally Posted by 133304Hokie View Post
    These things go in cycles, so there's no guarantee Louisville will continue to do as well as they've been doing this year going forward. Having said that, Louisville does seem to have more upside potential than West Virginia both athletically and academically.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

They sure are putting a lot of cash into the program. Guess they can thank Papa John.
    That statement makes me worry about all the B1G schools that seem to be awash in cash right now. Still, the B1G has shifting demographics and cold climate working against them. It's not an unrealistic population projection that North Carolina could have a larger population than Illinois within 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 133304Hokie View Post
    With the ACC's luck, Louisville will be placed on probation the year they join and they'll stink in most sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthahn View Post
    Baseball this time.

I wonder if anyone has put odds on Louisville winning the ACC in football, Basketball and Baseball all in their first year. They probably have the best shot of winning all three if you had to pick one.

They are certainly in the conversation in all three sports.

I think they are a real threat in football because I don't think FSU is really back as most pundits are saying and I don't see anyone else being a contender other than UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoakie82 View Post
    I wonder if anyone has put odds on Louisville winning the ACC in football, Basketball and Baseball all in their first year. They probably have the best shot of winning all three if you had to pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    They are certainly in the conversation in all three sports.

I think they are a real threat in football because I don't think FSU is really back as most pundits are saying and I don't see anyone else being a contender other than UNC.
    I agree. UNC and possibly FSU are the only other schools that could win all three. Bridgewater will likely be gone by the time U of L joins the ACC. I think Louisville will find it much tougher in the ACC when playing baseball too. They'll have to get use to playing at FSU, Miami, Clemson, GT, UVa, UNC, NCSU,.... Louisville could possibly underachieve the first year or two in the ACC since they'll be transitioning into a new conference. It takes a while to get use to new opponent's and their venues. Louisville, at the moment, has the talent in all three sports but I don't expect them to come into the ACC and dominate like some think they can.