Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ACC television revenue increased 64.5% in 2011-12, ahead of the Big 12 & Pac 12,

but behind the SEC and B1G 10. ACC revenue figures to lag (SEC and B1g 10). But Swofford and ESPN officials are exploring the feasibility of a 24/7 ACC channel affiliated with the network – the league’s Eastern Seaboard-plus Chicago footprint is uniquely positioned for such a venture.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/tee...,4270391.story

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    but behind the SEC and B1G 10. ACC revenue figures to lag (SEC and B1g 10). But Swofford and ESPN officials are exploring the feasibility of a 24/7 ACC channel affiliated with the network – the league’s Eastern Seaboard-plus Chicago footprint is uniquely positioned for such a venture.

Well, the new TV deal kicked in for the ACC during that year. As for the Big 12 and Pac 12, their new deals had not gone into effect for 2011-12. Let's revisit this in one year.

I'm guessing the ACC/Maryland exit fee debacle will drag on but that would be another $1.5 to $4 Million for each ACC member, depending on the outcome. Speaking of payouts, UConn, Cincinnati, and USF will get $20 Million each from Big East exit fees while the rest of the AAC divides the remaining $40 Million between them. After that, those AAC schools will be getting chump change in TV revenue.

ACC deal is not done either, "Swofford and ESPN officials are exploring the feasibility of a 24/7 ACC channel affiliated with the network – the league’s Eastern Seaboard-plus Chicago footprint is uniquely positioned for such a venture".

Quote Originally Posted by MPHOKIE View Post
    Well, the new TV deal kicked in for the ACC during that year. As for the Big 12 and Pac 12, their new deals had not gone into effect for 2011-12. Let's revisit this in one year.

ACC deal is not done either, "Swofford and ESPN officials are exploring the feasibility of a 24/7 ACC channel affiliated with the network – the league’s Eastern Seaboard-plus Chicago footprint is uniquely positioned for such a venture".
    What is this "exploring" crap? Thought it was a "done deal." Will really be ticked off if Swofford drops the ball on the ACCN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

You must have missed the part where they have to buy the rights to a lot of games back from Raycom for it to be feasable.

If the ball is dropped it will be the TV consultants and the TV Committee made up of three presidents not Swofford.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    What is this "exploring" crap? Thought it was a "done deal." Will really be ticked off if Swofford drops the ball on the ACCN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiebob01 View Post
    You must have missed the part where they have to buy the rights to a lot of games back from Raycom for it to be feasable.

If the ball is dropped it will be the TV consultants and the TV Committee made up of three presidents not Swofford.
    So Swofford needs to pump ACC money into his son's bank accounts to make this happen? What could go wrong? No matter what happens, Swofford and his boy are going to eventually walk away with a bunch of ACC cash.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Did UMD get a check?

Quote Originally Posted by 33laszlo99 View Post
    Did UMD get a check?
    no, but their money wasn't distributed to the rest of us, either. from what i understand, that money will go into escrow for now...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Pure conjecture at this point. If it happens (I think it won't) I'll give all due credit. My point stands that you can't compare the conferences based on the 2011-12 numbers.