Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Louisville-NC St., GT-BC, Clemson-UNC aren't great rivalries. The two are a little unbalanced. Based on all-time win/loss rankings in football the East avg. is 49.9, the West is 41.4.

My counter:
    Atlantic: Florida St., Clemson, BC, Louisville, UVA, UNC, Duke
    Avg. football ranking 47.4

Coastal: Miami, GT, Syracuse, Pitt, VT, NC St., WF
    Avg. football ranking 43.9

What are your cross overs?

Quote Originally Posted by obguthr View Post
    Louisville-NC St., GT-BC, Clemson-UNC aren't great rivalries. The two are a little unbalanced. Based on all-time win/loss rankings in football the East avg. is 49.9, the West is 41.4.

My counter:
    Atlantic: Florida St., Clemson, BC, Louisville, UVA, UNC, Duke
    Avg. football ranking 47.4

Coastal: Miami, GT, Syracuse, Pitt, VT, NC St., WF
    Avg. football ranking 43.9

HokieCPA I don't know why, but your response is showing up garbled on my computer and I can't tell what it is saying. Maybe you need to reply again, but a lot of code is showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    HokieCPA I don't know why, but your response is showing up garbled on my computer and I can't tell what it is saying. Maybe you need to reply again, but a lot of code is showing up.
    It shows up fine on my end... problem's on your end.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Crossovers:
    Florida St.-Miami, Clemson-GT, BC-Syracuse, Louisville-Pitt, UVA-VT, UNC-NC St., Duke-WF

Well all the other post look fine to me, but again your post is garbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    It shows up fine on my end... problem's on your end.

I would LOVE this for VT. But I think it unwise on the large scale to have the three best football programs (FSU, Clemson, and VT respectively) in the same division.

Here's mine copy/paste from an email I sent to a Hoo friend a while back about this topic:

A Division
    Clemson
    Miami
    Wake
    NC State
    Louisville
    BC
    Virginia Tech

B Division
    Georgia Tech
    Virginia
    UNC
    Duke
    Pitt
    Syracuse
    FSU

Games that need protected in crossovers: UVa-VT, Miami-FSU, Syracuse-BC, UNC-NCSt, Duke-Wake, GT-Clemson...so that makes Pitt-Louisville a permanent rival if you will. BTW, I would play all crossovers early in the season in case there is a rematch in the ACCCG, the said teams won’t be playing each other on back to back weekends.

If we want to also allow UNC-Wake and Duke-NCSt each year, then we go to 9 games.

This plan allows for many of the rivalries to be preserved, and also allows for a division opponent to be in every sub-region (Northeast, Virginia, Ohio River Valley, North Carolina, Cotton Belt, Florida). This is good for recruiting, exposure and maintaining continuity in an expanded footprint.

It also relatively balances out the urban schools. I specifically put Pitt and Miami in separate divisions since I consider it an abomination have to play two teams regularly that play in NFL stadiums.

Two more alternatives to current division:
    1. Switch Clemson and Miami. Or...
    2. Old ACC (w/FSU) vs. New ACC (2003-present additions)
    of North South like both the SEC and now the B1G have gone to in their conferences.

East
    UVa, Duke, Miami, UNC, BC, Syracuse, NCSU

West
    VT, Wake, FSU, Clemson, GT, Pitt, Louisville

The Cross Overs are under each other, but just in case they don't line up in the post.

Cross Overs

UVa versus VT, Duke versus Wake, Miami versus FSU, Clemson versus UNC, GT versus BC (direct and inexpensive flight for both), Syracuse versus Pitt and NCSU versus Louisville.

Okay go ahead and criticize, but you have to come up with something better and be able to take criticism back.
    Last edited by Maroon Baboon; Sat Jun 08 2013 at 06:35 PM.

Well all the other post look fine to me, but again your post is garbled.
    Which one? This one?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie CPA View Post
    How about this?

South Pod
    Mid Pod A
    Mid Pod B
    North Pod
    Miami North Carolina Virginia Boston College
    Florida State NC State Virginia Tech Pittsburgh
    Clemson Duke Wake Forest Syracuse
    Georgia Tech Louisville

You rotate the two Mid Pods so they play in the same division as the South Pod for two years and then they play in the same division as the North Pod two years. That's 6 conference games within your division each year. The other two conference games (assuming we stay at 8 conference games) would be filled out so that the two Mid Pods crossover on a rotating basis (we would play each team in MPA home and away every 3 years) and the North and South pods would crossover on a rotating basis (Miami would play each North pod team home and away every 4 years).

You do away with the permanent crossovers, so the only teams you play every year are in your pod, but you play everybody at a minimum twice (home and away) every four years.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

I see the same problem

of North South like both the SEC and now the B1G have gone to in their conferences.

East
    UVa, Duke, Miami, UNC, BC, Syracuse, NCSU

West
    VT, Wake, FSU, Clemson, GT, Pitt, Louisville

The Cross Overs are under each other, but just in case they don't line up in the post.

Cross Overs

UVa versus VT, Duke versus Wake, Miami versus FSU, Clemson versus UNC, GT versus BC (direct and inexpensive flight for both), Syracuse versus Pitt and NCSU versus Louisville.

Okay go ahead and criticize, but you have to come up with something better and be able to take criticism back.
    If we must be in the ACC, I much prefer this to our current dull schedule. You would think our TV partner would want to have VT, Clemson and FSU play annually.