'cuse
    Pitt
    L'ville
    Miami
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Ok St

for football, only your 8 division games are scheduled by the ACC and count towards your division standing. for all other sports, there are no divisions, just one big league. for bball, specifically, we would go to a 20 game schedule. 1 permanent home and home rival, 2 rotating home and home opponents, everyone else once. all 18 go to ACC tourney with double byes for top teams.

Miami and FSU could go back to playing as OOC for football. VT could schedule Pitt or Miami when we wanted to, etc. we may never see ND, but that's ok with me. maybe we'll see them in the ACCCG someday!

I would think a league like this could command multiple top bowl seats. Orange Bowl gets champ, Sugar Bowl gets runner up since Big12 would be dead in the water?

i know this is as likely as Swofford calling me for advice, but i wanted to throw it out there for offseason nonsensical discussion...
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    i want the ACC to go to 18 and for us to be in a 9 team division with:

VT
    uva
    UNC
    NCSU
    dook
    Wake
    Clemson
    GT
    FSU

i want the other division to be:
    BC
    'cuse
    Pitt
    L'ville
    Miami
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Ok St

for football, only your 8 division games are scheduled by the ACC and count towards your division standing. for all other sports, there are no divisions, just one big league. for bball, specifically, we would go to a 20 game schedule. 1 permanent home and home rival, 2 rotating home and home opponents, everyone else once. all 18 go to ACC tourney with double byes for top teams.

Miami and FSU could go back to playing as OOC for football. VT could schedule Pitt or Miami when we wanted to, etc. we may never see ND, but that's ok with me. maybe we'll see them in the ACCCG someday!

I would think a league like this could command multiple top bowl seats. Orange Bowl gets champ, Sugar Bowl gets runner up since Big12 would be dead in the water?

i know this is as likely as Swofford calling me for advice, but i wanted to throw it out there for offseason nonsensical discussion...
    I could see your idea only move Miami to our division and add two more Big12 teams to the other. I could see Texas leveraging in Texas Tech and then Kansas. You would have all your old ACC schools plus Miami and VT in a division and then a division with everybody else. That 9 game fball schedule would get ND some squads they already play a bunch plus Oklahoma and Texas and leave room for them to play USC,Navy, and one other each year. They have history with Cuse, BC, and Pitt already.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    I could see your idea only move Miami to our division and add two more Big12 teams to the other. I could see Texas leveraging in Texas Tech and then Kansas. You would have all your old ACC schools plus Miami and VT in a division and then a division with everybody else. That 9 game fball schedule would get ND some squads they already play a bunch plus Oklahoma and Texas and leave room for them to play USC,Navy, and one other each year. They have history with Cuse, BC, and Pitt already.
    Actually, what would work is have a 10 team league from Virginia to Florida. VT, UVA, UNC, Duke, Wake, NC St., Clemson, GT, FSU, and Miami is a pretty dang solid ten squad conference. Everybody brings something of value to the table except Wake. I think you could really challenge the SEC with that set up in the states we share too. Clemson, FSU, and Miami will bring ratings and fans. You've essentially reverted back to the old ACC, but just dropped Maryland and added VT and Miami. I think you could claim TV markets from DC to Miami, and they are markets that are growing rapidly as well. AND YOU WOULD ONLY SPLIT IT TEN WAYS.

VT
    uva
    UNC
    NCSU
    dook
    Wake
    Clemson
    GT
    FSU

i want the other division to be:
    BC
    'cuse
    Pitt
    L'ville
    Miami
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    Oklahoma
    Ok St

It seems like everyone on TSL, including myself, has their ACC "wishlist." There must be a thousand scenarios. I've tried dozens of divisional arrangements but it always seems to come down to satisfying one of the original member schools. UNC-UVa, NCSU-Clemson, and others. Then you have FSU bitching all the time. Us Hokies have our desired division plans but we all know that the ACC would never go along with it. Just their logic with BC as our cross rival tells us how out of touch they are with Virginia Tech. Then again, Tech probably just goes along with anything the ACC higher ups in Greensboro say.

I'm not a fan of conferences with over 10 members but I realize those days are a thing of the past. I'm not thrilled with 14 members and having to have to wait every 7 years to play teams from the other division. IHMO, I think 16 would be better since we could play every team at least once every 3 years. With pods, you could still play a cross rival and 4 teams from another pod to get to 8 games. The pod that your pod is playing that year will be your division since everyone is playing each other. The team with the best record plays in the championship game. That means Tech may win the Coastal Division one season and win the Atlantic Division another season. With that said, I agree with Jim Weaver on playing 9 conference games. The Big 10 is going in that direction.

As for adding Big 12 schools, I can understand the value of teams like Texas and Oklahoma but I would rather see the ACC campuses stay in the Eastern Time Zone. I would like to see Notre Dame join as a full member but that doesn't look likely anytime soon. If they did, UConn would be my choice over Cincinnati or USF. I have no clue what will happen with the Big 12 in the next few years, but I can see several of their members as being hot commodities. Where they end up is anybodies guess. Maybe Notre Dame will become a full member in the ACC and the conference will go to 18 with 3 Big 12 schools and your divisions will become a reality? If they do, I want you to pick lottery ticket numbers for me and help me place some bets on the ponies.
    Last edited by Old Line Hokie; Thu Jun 06 2013 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    It seems like everyone on TSL, including myself, has their ACC "wishlist." There must be a thousand scenarios. I've tried dozens of divisional arrangements but it always seems to come down to satisfying one of the original member schools. UNC-UVa, NCSU-Clemson, and others. Then you have FSU bitching all the time. Us Hokies have our desired division plans but we all know that the ACC would never go along with it. Just their logic with BC as our cross rival tells us how out of touch they are with Virginia Tech. Then again, Tech probably just goes along with anything the ACC higher ups in Greensboro say.

I'm not a fan of conferences with over 10 members but I realize those days are a thing of the past. I'm not thrilled with 14 members and having to have to wait every 7 years to play teams from the other division. IHMO, I think 16 would be better since we could play every team at least once every 3 years. With pods, you could still play a cross rival and 4 teams from another pod to get to 8 games. The pod that your pod is playing that year will be your division since everyone is playing each other. The team with the best record plays in the championship game. That means Tech may win the Coastal Division one season and win the Atlantic Division another season. With that said, I agree with Jim Weaver on playing 9 conference games. The Big 10 is going in that direction.

As for adding Big 12 schools, I can understand the value of teams like Texas and Oklahoma but I would rather see the ACC campuses stay in the Eastern Time Zone. I would like to see Notre Dame join as a full member but that doesn't look likely anytime soon. If they did, UConn would be my choice over Cincinnati or USF. I have no clue what will happen with the Big 12 in the next few years, but I can see several of their members as being hot commodities. Where they end up is anybodies guess. Maybe Notre Dame will become a full member in the ACC and the conference will go to 18 with 3 Big 12 schools and your divisions will become a reality? If they do, I want you to pick lottery ticket numbers for me and help me place some bets on the ponies.
    LOL, well, what i started and chuck fixed by adding Miami basically give you your 10 team conference with a 9 game round robin schedule, at least for football. and it it happens, i'll be thrilled that we are no longer on the old TSL boards and i can call this back up anytime!
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    Actually, what would work is have a 10 team league from Virginia to Florida. VT, UVA, UNC, Duke, Wake, NC St., Clemson, GT, FSU, and Miami is a pretty dang solid ten squad conference. Everybody brings something of value to the table except Wake. I think you could really challenge the SEC with that set up in the states we share too. Clemson, FSU, and Miami will bring ratings and fans. You've essentially reverted back to the old ACC, but just dropped Maryland and added VT and Miami. I think you could claim TV markets from DC to Miami, and they are markets that are growing rapidly as well. AND YOU WOULD ONLY SPLIT IT TEN WAYS.
    Swap Louisville for Wake and you've got a great conference. 9 game football schedule and full round robin in basketball. Everybody gets to play Louisville, Duke and UNC at home in hoops every year.

Here's mine

Burrito Pod:
    Texas, TTU, Baylor, OK State, Oklahoma (acknowledging that Kansas might be B1G-bound)

Communion Pod:
    Notre Dame, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville

Gentleman Farmer/Cousin Eddie Pod:
    VT, UVa, UNC, NCSU, Wake (who I wish could just go away)

Eat a Peach Pod:
    FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson, Duke

Each member plays all three pod opponents, and one opponent from the other three pods every year, or whatever. Game #12 = TBD inter-pod matchups. If Notre Dame wants to play only five ACC games then let them play their pod opponents and as many cross-pod games as they want. Give Texas whatever it wants too. Do I look proud?

I fthe ACC has the opportunity to make this happen they should do it now. Why not?

in a bubble...what i want ...
    What I want is a foursome with Kate Upton, Christina Hendricks, and Emilia Clarke.

Who's going to get what they want first? ;^)

Can't anti-shun right now though, I'm on my phone and holding a crying baby. Will try to deliver on that later.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Glen Allen, VA (far western Henrico County)
    Throw in Beyonce and that would make a great pod.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyburg Hokie View Post
    What I want is a foursome with Kate Upton, Christina Hendricks, and Emilia Clarke.

Can't anti-shun right now though, I'm on my phone and holding a crying baby. Will try to deliver on that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddyburg Hokie View Post

i'm pretty sure i'm actually asking for less than you, but it is close...