Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    Maybe to you it is nonsense, but hopefully you are not so close minded that you can't see another point of view. While I could pick some other cross over opponents over them, I think many of the games have been competitive and some had some big consequences on VT's season.
    Just calling a spade a spade. You are clearly a proponent of the ACC, and so am I for some purposes. But surely you must realize that any business choice has its pros and cons. When you try to spin BC as an exciting football opponent you are trying to turn everything about the ACC into a pro. Being open-minded means weighing all the pros and cons, making a choice, and living with your decision. That's where I am with the ACC.

When BC comes to town in 2013 I'll be proved right by larger than usual numbers of empty seats in Lane, and the guys practically giving away tickets outside the stadium. If they help bring in Notre Dame they pay their freight that way.

99- Wasn't close but it capped the undefeated regular season
    07- Matt Ryan's dagger
    07- Revenge in the ACCCG

imagining some really important and many times close games?

Can somebody name some of them?

Quote Originally Posted by lawhokie View Post
    Can we just stop with the BC nonsense? BC is a terrible home opponent.
    2007 was a pretty good game. Well... until the last two minutes anyways.

I think we all know that Hokies don't exactly flood Chestnut Hill.
    You'd be surprised. A lot of NOVA Hokies take the DC shuttle flight up.

I was fine if we had ended up in the SEC or B1G, but that is unrealistic now and we are better off not focusing on what could have been and focus on the cards we are dealt. That has served me in all walks of life. BC may not be perfect, but it is not all bad either.

Just calling a spadate a spade. You are clearly a proponent of the ACC, and so am I for some purposes. But surely you must realize that any business choice has its pros and cons. When you try to spin BC as an exciting football opponent you are trying to turn everything about the ACC into a pro. Being open-minded means weighing all the pros and cons, making a choice, and living with your decision. That's where I am with the ACC.

When BC comes to town in 2013 I'll be proved right by larger than usual numbers of empty seats in Lane, and the guys practically giving away tickets outside the stadium. If they help bring in Notre Dame they pay their freight that way.

I was fine if we had ended up in the SEC or B1G, but that is unrealistic now and we are better off not focusing on what could have been and focus on the cards we are dealt. That has served me in all walks of life. BC may not be perfect, but it is not all bad either.
    Sure we're in the ACC to stay. Doesn't mean that it has to be the lesser version of the ACC. ACC Mgmt really needs to spend more time thinking about how to get the best games to happen as often as possible. They had the opportunity to trade a yearly VT/BC game for a yearly VT/Louisville game and ignored it.

Honestly I think the divsions and schedule need some work, but I think that is much bigger than the VT versus BC match up.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan86 View Post
    Sure we're in the ACC to stay. Doesn't mean that it has to be the lesser version of the ACC. ACC Mgmt really needs to spend more time thinking about how to get the best games to happen as often as possible. They had the opportunity to trade a yearly VT/BC game for a yearly VT/Louisville game and ignored it.

Can we just stop with the BC nonsense? BC is a terrible home opponent. I have friends that own a B&B in Blacksburg, and they say BC, Duke, and our usual OOC cupcakes, are always the easiest weekends to get lodging. The last BC game in Lane was a snooze-fest, and I imagine the next one will be too. If BC's own alumni and fans don't care about their football team, don't expect Hokie Club members to give a hoot.

I understand that BC has become an easy out and will help pile up wins, but they're a boring opponent. The only two less interesting opponents in the new ACC are Duke and Wake (maybe Syracuse). You might get lucky and time a BC away game with a business trip and maybe even a Sox game to form the trifecta, but how often does that happen? Nobody will argue that Boston isn't a great road trip, but I think we all know that Hokies don't exactly flood Chestnut Hill.

Matt Ryan is well into an NFL career and is not coming back. Let's just accept that we have a terrible crossover opponent and move on.
    100% correct and as terrible a home opponent, they are even worse on the road. The place is usually more than half empty. Boston is a great place to visit, but it is not a great road game to go to.