Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MPHOKIE View Post
    Or, what I think is the most likely scenario, ESPN has zero interest in forming a network with the ACC. They already have their pick of games for basketball and football and saw this as a way to save a few bucks. Plus, this Raycom package may have simply been a cost of doing business with the ACC. They have no concern about Raycom like they did other networks. They overbid on packages (this very ACC package likely being one) to keep them away from Fox/NBC.
    Possible. ESPN is also making budget cuts and will likely layoff 300 to 400 employees the next week. All those media rights contracts have been expensive along with their new $125 million Sports Center set. Their investment into the SEC Network and their NFL media rights have been the most expensive. To put it short, ESPN is getting tight on money. They believe the SECN will be a big money maker but that will take a few years before they begin seeing profits. All this tells me that the ACC Network will be delayed until 2016 or even later. I still believe the ACC will get their network but it won't be for another 3 to 4 years at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by MPHOKIE View Post
    Or, what I think is the most likely scenario, ESPN has zero interest in forming a network with the ACC. They already have their pick of games for basketball and football and saw this as a way to save a few bucks. Plus, this Raycom package may have simply been a cost of doing business with the ACC. They have no concern about Raycom like they did other networks. They overbid on packages (this very ACC package likely being one) to keep them away from Fox/NBC.
    ESPN is very interested in the ACC Network concept, whether it happens is still TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Possible. ESPN is also making budget cuts and will likely layoff 300 to 400 employees the next week. All those media rights contracts have been expensive along with their new $125 million Sports Center set. Their investment into the SEC Network and their NFL media rights have been the most expensive. To put it short, ESPN is getting tight on money. They believe the SECN will be a big money maker but that will take a few years before they begin seeing profits. All this tells me that the ACC Network will be delayed until 2016 or even later. I still believe the ACC will get their network but it won't be for another 3 to 4 years at the earliest.
    Probably true but is this why everyone agreed to sign the GOR? Something doesn't add up.