Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ACCCG article

Let's just do away with divisions and make it a good game. I'm sure the Pac12 and B1G would be on board. An FSU vs. Clemson rematch would have been a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    Let's just do away with divisions and make it a good game. I'm sure the Pac12 and B1G would be on board. An FSU vs. Clemson rematch would have been a lot of fun.
    What I like best about the Pod system is having the two best Pod winners meet in the ACCCG. That might avoid having down years with weak teams (like WF) in the championship game.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Clemson and FSU need to be in separate divisions. I've been saying this years. These are the top two overall programs, and having them in the same division doesn't help the conference. Rematches are kinda lame, but wouldn't it be cool if Clemson and FSU met as top 5 teams in the ACCCG? Then you'd have something.

I'd love for VT (#3 in the ACC in my power program ranking) to be in the same division as one of these two. Selfishly I'd prefer Clemson. But FSU would suffice.

I like one of the following:

Rotate the teams in the divisions EVERY year while allowing teams to stay with their rivals. OR

Permanent divisions: Old ACC (before 2003) vs. New ACC (after 2003) while allowing FSU-Miami, UVa-VT to play a crossover every year.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post

Basically you'd have to put Florida State, Clemson, Virginia Tech, Miami and North Carolina all in separate divisions. These teams all have the potential to be one of the Top 2 Programs in any given year.

And no you can't make a preseason prediction and then align your divisions accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Baboon View Post
    Clemson and FSU need to be in separate divisions. I've been saying this years. These are the top two overall programs, and having them in the same division doesn't help the conference. Rematches are kinda lame, but wouldn't it be cool if Clemson and FSU met as top 5 teams in the ACCCG? Then you'd have something.

I'd love for VT (#3 in the ACC in my power program ranking) to be in the same division as one of these two. Selfishly I'd prefer Clemson. But FSU would suffice.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Scrap the idea of the ACCCG being like another bowl game, play it in the stadium of the team with the better record and it will be standing room only every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    What I like best about the Pod system is having the two best Pod winners meet in the ACCCG. That might avoid having down years with weak teams (like WF) in the championship game.
    How would you decide on the best two pod winners if they didn't meet? That goes back to the same issue of a 10-team league that didn't play everyone every year, and two teams that didn't play each other tie for the best league record.

I think, if you had four pods (of four teams each, of course), you could have the last week of the season be pod A vs pod B, pod C vs pod D. The 1s would play each other, the 2s would play each other, etc, and the games are set based on current division (or ACC) records. The winner of the two 1s games would go to the ACCCG. You couldn't have a de jure ACC Final Four, but incorporating the last week of the season like this, it would be a de facto ACC final four.

But it doesn't matter. The ACC ain't going to 16 without Notre Dame joining, and that ain't happening any time soon.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    Scrap the idea of the ACCCG being like another bowl game, play it in the stadium of the team with the better record and it will be standing room only every year.
    That's not a bad idea. Let's give the Pac-12's a look for a few years (that's how they do it, I think) and see how it works out for them.
    No trees were harmed in the making of this post. However, billions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by laphroaig View Post
    I'm in. Wouldn't be perfect but it would be better overall compared to what we have most years.

Quote Originally Posted by Femoyer Hokie View Post
    I'm in. Wouldn't be perfect but it would be better overall compared to what we have most years.
    It's not perfect but it's closer to perfect if the goal is to fill the place.