Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    What thing bugs you the most about TSL -- whether it's something we do, something your fellow posters do, a feature the site has or doesn't have, etc. -- that would make you like TSL better if we got rid of it, or quit doing it? ... or maybe added it (in the case of something we don't do).

... YOU ONLY GET TO NAME ONE THING ...

If it involves something that you would rather not put here on the board, just email us at staff@techsideline.com.
    Forums don't work well on cell phone, but that may be more my issues than TSL's.

Quote Originally Posted by spparker View Post
    Almost all content is now for subscribers only...miss the "free" articles (not truly free as you're getting quite a bit of ad revenue off my clicks)
    Why should the information be "free"? The cost of a TSL subscription is relatively inexpensive considering what you get. I spend that much or more in one night($50) when I take my wife to a moderately priced restaurant.

I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by rdom View Post
    It seems the NATTs control the board. A thread never makes it more than a few posts before someone is bashing VT coaches/players/fans, and it gets old. We have a lot to be proud of as VT fans, but you wouldn't know it by skimming a few threads on TSL.

This problem isn't limited to TSL, though. A lot of message boards are full of nothing but complaining.

What thing bugs you the most about TSL -- whether it's something we do, something your fellow posters do, a feature the site has or doesn't have, etc. -- that would make you like TSL better if we got rid of it, or quit doing it? ... or maybe added it (in the case of something we don't do).

... YOU ONLY GET TO NAME ONE THING ... except for AH04 who gets two.

If it involves something that you would rather not put here on the board, just email us at staff@techsideline.com.
    1) bourbonstreet
    2) Non Reply-with-Quoters
    Last edited by AbsolutHokie04; Mon May 06 2013 at 10:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
    Your posts ... are money. I read them all.

I really dislike that pretty much everything on the front page is for paid subscribers only.. what happened to the free stuff

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

... YOU ONLY GET TO NAME ONE THING ...

The constant personal attacks, especially on the free side.

Seems like every time someone posts something that someone else doesn't agree with, eventually we get to a point where the intelligence and integrity of one of the two are being called out in an attempt to invalidate what was being said. Its already happened once in this thread alone "there are a lot of posters who either never played much/any football or just don`t understand the game in depth. Of course,that doesn`t prevent them from posting." These kind of statements do nothing but devolve the quality of discussion to nothing more than a series of pop shots directed at each other that don't move discussions and only creates contempt. And this is especially true whenever someone criticizes someone or something associated with Virginia Tech, however valid the complaint may be.

Quote Originally Posted by XundaVT View Post
    I really dislike that pretty much everything on the front page is for paid subscribers only.. what happened to the free stuff

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Because we do this for a living, and we like to make money. If we didn't charge, we wouldn't be doing this full time (or at all, probably). Most newspapers are going pay these days, too. They have finally figured out what TSL figured out a LONG time ago. There is more value in a pay product (unless you are a huge national company such as Bleacher report).

But serious question...what's stopping you from trying it? It's only $5.49 a month. If you don't like it, you can cancel after the month is over.

Quote Originally Posted by radhokie1 View Post
    Forums don't work well on cell phone, but that may be more my issues than TSL's.
    The tapatalk app works very well

Quote Originally Posted by rdom View Post
    The tapatalk app works very well
    But that app is what, $7 in the Market/Store? Far too much money to just read TSL on your smartphone or tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    But that app is what, $7 in the Market/Store? Far too much money to just read TSL on your smartphone or tablet.
    lol. $3 for Android

If the #1 complaint for someone is "forums don't work", $3 is a simple fix to resolve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
    Your posts ... are money. I read them all.