Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    The biggest detriment to TSL, imho, is the surge of social media the past few years. Lots of people used to frequent TSL for the latest in Hokie news, but with facebook/twitter TSL is having to focus more on substantial content rather than instant gratification type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    What thing bugs you the most about TSL -- whether it's something we do, something your fellow posters do, a feature the site has or doesn't have, etc. -- that would make you like TSL better if we got rid of it, or quit doing it? ... or maybe added it (in the case of something we don't do).

... YOU ONLY GET TO NAME ONE THING ...

If it involves something that you would rather not put here on the board, just email us at staff@techsideline.com.

ah, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spparker View Post
    Almost all content is now for subscribers only...miss the "free" articles (not truly free as youFf're getting quite a bit of ad revenue off my clicks)
    Seriously dude its like $5 a month to subscribe. I guess I'll just leave it at that....

What thing bugs you the most about TSL -- whether it's something we do, something your fellow posters do, a feature the site has or doesn't have, etc. -- that would make you like TSL better if we got rid of it, or quit doing it? ... or maybe added it (in the case of something we don't do).

If it involves something that you would rather not put here on the board, just email us at staff@techsideline.com.
    It seems the NATTs control the board. A thread never makes it more than a few posts before someone is bashing VT coaches/players/fans, and it gets old. We have a lot to be proud of as VT fans, but you wouldn't know it by skimming a few threads on TSL.

This problem isn't limited to TSL, though. A lot of message boards are full of nothing but complaining.

The football recruiting information is not very in depth at TSL. I currently get that from 247.

Your Articles are Great, Your Coverage is very good . I have no problems. Maybe more interviews of people of interest in all sports. Thank you Will and all your staff.

Quote Originally Posted by rdom View Post
    It seems the NATTs control the board. A thread never makes it more than a few posts before someone is bashing VT coaches/players/fans, and it gets old. We have a lot to be proud of as VT fans, but you wouldn't know it by skimming a few threads on TSL.

This problem isn't limited to TSL, though. A lot of message boards are full of nothing but complaining.
    Agree. I think one thing that contributes to the problem is that there are a lot of posters who either never played much/any football or just don`t understand the game in depth. Of course,that doesn`t prevent them from posting.

During the "off season" for football, I would like to get more outsiders opinions of our program. I think it would be a good perspective for discussion for RATT purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by VTUD View Post
    The football recruiting information is not very in depth at TSL. I currently get that from 247.
    Recruiting is something we'll never handle any better than we do now, most likely. We have to write articles that sometimes criticize the program. Tough to get the inside info from someone within the program if you are criticizing them at the same time.

The bottom line is that we're a completely different niche than 247, Rivals and Scout. We complement each other very well, but overall I think our product is much, much more valuable, especially when you consider the price. We're $55 a year, while those sites are over $100. If you like recruiting, then those other sites might be more valuable. But we've found over the years that those folks who are hardcore into recruiting are a small group. I like recruiting, but I prefer to write articles about how guys fit into the program, scouting reports, etc. We don't focus on stuff that's going to end up on Twitter for free a week later.

So, we decided to focus on content and analysis. Considering we're easily the biggest Tech site on the net in terms of subscribers, unique visitors, etc, I feel like we made the right call.

At any rate, that's the explanation on why our recruiting coverage is different than those other sites.

Are people who aren't paid subscribers allowed to post to threads? Allow them to read but not post.
    That may get rid of the duplicate threads? I'm "paid" so I don't know how this works.

And I know you said only 1 thing but why not drop the "Reply" so only "Reply with Quote" is used?